Quantcast

valparaiso urban dh videos

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
the other day i was watching the vid fclinder i think posted from lisbon and noticed the kids have posted a zillion vids from valpo, this was in february this year and we had the likes of a certain mr. shanbhag, a certain senor sternberg, another mr. gracia and mr riffle also come visit us.

here is the official vid

here is a shorty one, starring sanjay and his aerobatics

this one is short and blurry but you can see some nice jumps, shot right until someone flew over a car and the cops closed it down on practice day

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
the other day i was watching the vid fclinder i think posted from lisbon and noticed the kids have posted a zillion vids from valpo, this was in february this year and we had the likes of a certain mr. shanbhag, a certain senor sternberg, another mr. gracia and mr riffle also come visit us.

here is a shorty one, starring sanjay and his aerobatics
Victor,

I found this video and posted it over on a motorcycle forum. When I was in La Paz I was showing it to the Wende´s. I think Yannik crashed there during his race run.
We watched it a couple times. I went head first into that wall. If I didn´t have a moto helmet I´m pretty sure I wouldn´t have been able to race.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
Victor,

I found this video and posted it over on a motorcycle forum. When I was in La Paz I was showing it to the Wende´s. I think Yannik crashed there during his race run.
We watched it a couple times. I went head first into that wall. If I didn´t have a moto helmet I´m pretty sure I wouldn´t have been able to race.

yea it looked nasty, you know, all the time while i was preparing the race, i want to that place and stood and looked at that part, always thinking about if it wasnt going to cause too much grief, i knew it would be a hit with the crowd and all but i didnt want anyone hurt there, in the end i just kept it w/o putting a tranny there, couple of accidents in the end but it was really an element that distanced the good riders from the great ones, i noticed cg actually absorbed the whole thing and gained time there.

for those interested, the section where sanjay fell is a VERY steep section of stairs that has a short flat in it, less than a bike length, and then an equally steep stair after it, basically you are dropping headfirst to flat, then in less than one bike length you have to get all your weight back again not to go OTB when the next stair section begins.

oh, the colombian vid is here

looks like fun with the rain and all (shudder to think what would happen in valpo and all those cobblestones with rain) but it also looks a bit "suity"

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
That looks so fun but so sketchy. Some of those jump lines with the crowds pressing in on the landings just look like there must be no room for errors!

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I'm glad we have lawsuits, insurance concerns, and traffic laws to prevent races like this from happening in San Francisco.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
I'm glad we have lawsuits, insurance concerns, and traffic laws to prevent races like this from happening in San Francisco.

well im sure it wouldnt fly in the states but here we still take some pretty drastic measures, for instance, even with all that mayhem you see there, there were around 60 persons for policing the crowd, thats one every 50ft on a course that short, plus the 20 or so cops that were present, still, as you can see, crowds are absolutely wild.
also to race, we have you sign what has to be the most comprehensive liability waiver ever in chile (must be cause i used U.S. forms for inspiration hehe), and the traffic laws, well, the city goverment is on board as a sponsor so you could say traffic laws get replaced with course tape for that day. still, security is probably my biggest and most complex concern, but im beginning to see that almost no matter how many people we man the course with, the crowd will always be like that.