Quantcast

Valpo, Chile urban downhill - Now with HD Video & helmetcam!

Mc.Dub

Monkey
Feb 28, 2007
Montreal
Awesome, love your work.
But Damn you for leaving this cold!!
Hurry home, I'm saving some cold weather for the weekend ;)

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Please remove the 'woo' please....I mean, you may as well ad in 'smooches' too. Will you be posting any quality snaps?
As long as we're being persnickety, remove a please. I hate stumbling over redundant wording.

Fraser, this does not apply to pictures. The more the better.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Off to catch a flight in an hour to Santiago, Chile. Coverage starts Tuesday afternoon on Transcend. Fairclough and Smith will both be in attendance.

Current temperature in montreal, with wind: -23C. Currently Temperature in Santiago, chile: 31c. I won't miss winter one bit.

edit: fair enough.
Myself and Heikki Hall will also be in attendance

fraser i will see ya down there thursday morning... have my drink ready

it is 7f here right now and and has been snowing for a week... i can not wait for 10 days of sunshine and temps in the high 80's

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
it seems that VCA will be really good this year. see you guys there !!!!!
yeah, can't wait

i am staying in santiago for the week after the race... hope to meet up with some people and ride the local spots

so is fraser, but he will need to find a bike to ride, as his camera does not come equipped with pedals :busted:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Myself and Heikki Hall will also be in attendance

fraser i will see ya down there thursday morning... have my drink ready

it is 7f here right now and and has been snowing for a week... i can not wait for 10 days of sunshine and temps in the high 80's
geez...now that is a long way to fly to ride. How many hours on the planes? Can I have your frequent flyer miles when you get back...heh.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
10 000 miles and about 10.5 hours direct from toronto for me.

dude we are gonna get a 10" dump of snow here overnight... WTF !!!

i am driving up to you place in montreal to sleep on the couch tonight, because the roads will be complete **** in the morning... hopefully it is all cleared up by the time i fly out

-FLUIDRIDE-

Monkey
Jun 27, 2007
Frasier,

Let me know if you want me to put you in touch with our friends there. If you hook up with them following VCA they can take you to some pretty cool riding spots- Upper La Parva etc.
Plus they are super friendly and great tour guides!

Lars

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
80 degree temps while hanging in Valpo for a week...

I hate myself.

Dave, Heik, and Fras - have a blast. If you get the chance - post up some pics of the race (in particular Fairclough if you get the chance - would like to see how the new guy is getting on with his new ride :) ) AND the pub/bar/restaurant scene...

Meanwhile back in northeast PA.... arrrrrrrrrrrgghh.

Rip it up fellas!

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Huge snowstorm in Montreal this morning. Hope dave makes the airport ok!
not happy about this at all, hahahah

sitting at nancy's computer right now, wondering if they will ever plow your street before my taxi gets here :disgust1:

snow has let up, and is not supposed to accumulate more than the 4-6" that has fallen already...looks flights are going in and out so i should be ok.... i hope

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
our once in a lifetime flight to Hawaii last January was routed thru Chicago. I didn't think of it until a few days beforehand and was just like "just let us get through Chicago with 2 little kids...Puhhhleeease." :D The -15 degree windchill stepping off the regional plane (or whatever they call them) onto the tarmac was nasty!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
not happy about this at all, hahahah

sitting at nancy's computer right now, wondering if they will ever plow your street before my taxi gets here :disgust1:

snow has let up, and is not supposed to accumulate more than the 4-6" that has fallen already...looks flights are going in and out so i should be ok.... i hope
Good luck with my street. We call for plows and crap and they show up 2 hours later. They are pretty useless that way. I bet the other street has been done 20 times since 6am.

Hot and sunny here, no snow in sight, ha. My arm is bright pink from the 60 min drive. Bring sunscreen.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
hhahaha... and you laughed at me for hitting the electric beach before i came down... told ya so
It's pretty funny, ya. i didn't realize it until i put my arm under my pillow. OUCH. Hope your flight is better than the one micayla and i were on. Felt like we were put in a blender for 10 hours.

Oh, you remembered the helmet cam, right? got some pretty cool ideas for it after seeing parts of the course.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
It's pretty funny, ya. i didn't realize it until i put my arm under my pillow. OUCH. Hope your flight is better than the one micayla and i were on. Felt like we were put in a blender for 10 hours.

Oh, you remembered the helmet cam, right? got some pretty cool ideas for it after seeing parts of the course.
i have it packed in my carry on

post some pics of the course... i need something to look at while i wait