Quantcast

Vancouver-Deep Cove

ATOMICFIREBALL

DISARMED IN A BATTLE OF WITS
May 26, 2004
Tennessee
I'm going to Vancouver next week to fly floatplanes. Also renting a freeride bike from Cove Bikes in N.Vancouver for some local awesome trails.
Any S.E monkeys been there ?

Well, i'll post some pictures.
:cool:

Jun 11, 2004
ATOMICFIREBALL said:
Any S.E monkeys been there ?

Yes sir! I've made the trek to BC twice. As far as riding is concerned your world is about to change.........in a good way!!

You need to hook up with Johnny Smoke. He owns the guide service www.bushpilotbiking.com His cell phone number is: 604-803-4766. He lives in Deep Cove. Infact when you shuttle Mt. Seymour you end in his yard.

Last time I went to BC we did an 8 day tour with him..........UNBELIEVABLE!! He has been riding The Shore for 15 ++ years so he knows where all the goods are so there is no wasted time trying to find trails! He rides your ass into the ground each day while taking pictures and video, then feeds you, tucks you into bed.....then repeat for the duration of your trip!

He also used to work for Cove and I believe he still has some affiliation with them. Give him a call.......he may or may not be able to get you some kind of "deal" on your rental.

Also, if you do call him........tell him that the boys over at www.FreeRideSouth.com sent you.........we have been using Johnny since 2002....so we are loyal customers.

Have a great time!! Oh, definately post some pictures.

ATOMICFIREBALL

May 26, 2004
Tennessee
Thanks for the hookup bro.You did an 8day you lucky dog !!
I was on www.bushpilotbiking.com late last night dreaming of riding up there.Prolly be just a 1-day thing this time,but it will be tits !
Yeah, i remember seeing Johnny on "the ride guide" & on Kranked video..

Jun 11, 2004
ATOMICFIREBALL said:
Prolly be just a 1-day thing this time,but it will be tits !
Ond day in BC is better than none! You still might want to check him out. If he happens to be riding The Shore the day you want to ride it would probably still be worth it.......as far as maximizing your day.....he will get you a ton of vertical feet in one day!

And if you happen to have 2 or 3 days to ride he could probably hook you up with a bad ass trip to the interior. The riding in the interior is super sick.......and rides always start out with views like this:

ATOMICFIREBALL

May 26, 2004
Tennessee
Some pictures from my friends floatplane i flew from Vancouver Island-Pat Bay..
All flying & no biking on this trip.Walked 10 miles downtown Vancouver Sat & Sunday end of trip.Awesome weather!
Good fun club downtown on Richards & Hastings St. called the Red Room.(It's across from the Steam Works Brewing Co. on the water.) My buddy D.J- Blair Vanhaus is great,go check it out sometime.
Oh, & PROFRO i happend to meet Phil, your Moorewood teamate at Simons bike shop on Robson St. downtown Vancouver.I said good things.
:cheers:

Vancouver Island-mostly west coast & inland cutting back through mountains.

West coast of Van. Island-more sea fog !

The 5 star motel i stayed at next to the glorious Sheraton!

Starbucks galore.

SpaZwEll

Monkey
Sep 18, 2002
Emerald VIP
Ohh yeah. The lovely BC mtns. Those damn Starbucks are on every corner. I had some pitchers at that Red Robin.

Hope you had good times on W. Hastings

Jun 11, 2004
I think it's time to pack my $hit up and move.
I've heard Vancouver is a great place to live...........but expensive too!

We could be waiters at Longhorn at the base of Whistler........board all winter..........bike all summer..........and work nights!! Ha ha...........

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
We could be waiters at Longhorn at the base of Whistler........board all winter..........bike all summer..........and work nights!! Ha ha...........

Damn you should have seen the two twin babes that were working there last August!!!! :brows: :happydance: Wouldn't make much money with them around.