Quantcast

Vancouver, WA

danomanno

Chimp
Aug 17, 2004
Hello, I just recently moved here to the Vancouver/Portland area and ready to get back to some riding. Are there any dirt fields or close places to ride within the Vancouver area? I see a lot of road riders but not too many mtn. bikers. Where's all the good stuff? Been reading about Falls City and can't wait to check it out!

Thanks! It's nice here in the NorthWest!

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
well first off you got whistler!!!!!!!!! i don't realy know of any spots out in your area but if your ever in seattle check out south sea tac!
i can pretty much garentie you a guy named DBRX6rider will post and give you some really good spots!

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
If you ever make it that far north, there are a wealth of trails in the Bellingham area. Sorry I don't know the south side better

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
In Washington a bit east of vancouver there is the larch mtn trail and the jones creek trails. There is also Post Canyon out in Hood River OR which has all sorts of trails. You can get maps of them at the hood river shops. The syncline trail in bingen WA is a fun shuttleable dh trail or xc loop that descends right along a several hundred foot cliff. You said you've heard of Fall's City, which is a lot of fun. For dirt jumps there are some good ones at Meldrum Bar park in Oregon City, and some bmx style ones at the Grotto in portland by 82nd st and Sandy(I think). I believe there are also some xcish trails in Forest Park in Portland, but I've never been there. For close stuff the larch mountain trail is probably the best,and a group just started to work on getting more access in the area and a dedicated bike trail - heres their website http://coldcreekmtb.org

If youhave any questions or want specific directions pm me.

danomanno

Chimp
Aug 17, 2004
Thanks for all the info! I'm really tempted to cut some trails in one of these dirt fields near my house. There's a LOT of empty fields and no trails!

Thanks!

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
There was some stuff in Camas, lachams lake, or something like that. I know they were puting in houses so I am not sure if its still there. Last I heard there was a big drop to some doubles and a few other stunts still left, worth cheaking out if you live in vancouver. Hoodriver and falls city is by far the best if your into freeride, gotta drive for hour or two but its well worth it.

danomanno

Chimp
Aug 17, 2004
sessions said:
what part of vancouver do you live in?
I live near the corner of 205 and 14. I just went up to Camas at the lake and did a hike. Seems like a nice area to stay in shape. Probably gonna hit Hood River very soon! .....or at least when the weather gets better!

danomanno

Chimp
Aug 17, 2004
fuzzycatnuts said:
Were the stunts still there above the lake?
I walked around the lake on a paved trail. I did see some bikers that went down a trail down towards the creek. I didn't notice any trails that went up the hill, except for some nature only foot traffic. Where are the stunts that you are talking about? Let me know and i'll go check it out.

The place I went to was Lacamas Park and around the lake to the east side of the road. On the west side, there was a huge lake. Are there trails around that lake?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
In the summertime you can head over to Cougar and ride some killer XC. Lewis River, Plains of Abraham/Ape Canyon ride near Mt. St. Helens are all good. Plus there are alot more trails out there that aren't as popular but open to mt. bikes.

Use this site and look up stuff on S.W. Wa.

http://www.nwsource.com/outdoors/biking/

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
danomanno said:
I walked around the lake on a paved trail. I did see some bikers that went down a trail down towards the creek. I didn't notice any trails that went up the hill, except for some nature only foot traffic. Where are the stunts that you are talking about? Let me know and i'll go check it out.

The place I went to was Lacamas Park and around the lake to the east side of the road. On the west side, there was a huge lake. Are there trails around that lake?
These are me at Leadbetter a few years ago. It's on the South side of Lacamas Lake, from the top down. There's houses in and aroud there now, but all these stunts were still there last time I looked.

Tim

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Ya go to the parking spot on that side of the lake cross the road and you should see a trail going up the hill it comes down from a housing development(might be developed now)