Quantcast

Various Moab Photos

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
Tight :thumb:

Thats one thing I dont like about riding in NE, you only see trees. You dont really have an idea where you are going, and you dont really have a destination. Sure, you may be going from point A to B on a map, but you cant say, OK, ill head over towards that stone cropping to check it out. Its only oak, pine, birch, stream, etc

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
luken8r said:
Tight :thumb:

Thats one thing I dont like about riding in NE, you only see trees. You dont really have an idea where you are going, and you dont really have a destination. Sure, you may be going from point A to B on a map, but you cant say, OK, ill head over towards that stone cropping to check it out. Its only oak, pine, birch, stream, etc
Funny, I feel just the opposite. I love the fact that you can have singletrack that twists and turns. You don't know what's around the corner. Could be a mass of roots, or a granite slab. I like rides when it's misty out and you're descending through the trees. Mulchy soil and colorful foliage. It's awesome when you are @ a higher elevation and the trees are shorter conifers, as you drop down you can see the change to taller leafy trees (I'd say deciduiououos: but have no idea how to spell it). The southwest was mega cool, but it was like going to the moon. Good for a visit, but I couldn't see my self living there.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
ROCKLAND said:
Funny, I feel just the opposite. I love the fact that you can have singletrack that twists and turns. You don't know what's around the corner. Could be a mass of roots, or a granite slab.
Sounds like you should've spent one day riding up in the La Sals while you were in Moab. :D

-S.S.-

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
SkaredShtles said:
Sounds like you should've spent one day riding up in the La Sals while you were in Moab. :D

-S.S.-
I would have liked to. I'd look off in that direction and wonder what it was like over there. Looked snowy.