Quantcast

Vasque trail running shoes....

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
I know I shouldn't post this here. But i need to know how vasue's sizing compair to other companies like asics or mizuno? say like is a 13 in vasque equal to a 13 in asics? Thanks

J

JRB

All shoes fit differently on me, even by the same maker. I would not buy big ticket shoes without first going to a store. I have bought several pairs of cycling shoes and have had problems on occasion. The carbon Shimanos I bought should have been 44.5, but I have always bought 45s in the past. I really would go shopping.

*just for giggles, send them an email. Make sure you post it on here so we can enjoy too. ;)

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
loco said:
All shoes fit differently on me, even by the same maker. I would not buy big ticket shoes without first going to a store. I have bought several pairs of cycling shoes and have had problems on occasion. The carbon Shimanos I bought should have been 44.5, but I have always bought 45s in the past. I really would go shopping.

*just for giggles, send them an email. Make sure you post it on here so we can enjoy too. ;)
Yeah it's true but I have no time to drive way other to mec which is the only place that has my size at this time of year. So I just went ahead and ordered them. I have my fingures crossed, hoping they'll fit, if they don;t I can always mail them back.

As for cycling shoes, I bought the carbon mt ones shimano makes, a while back, they're the most confortable shoes I've ever owned thats including just normal walking shoes. So I also got the new Shimano carbon road shoes, same size but they're kinda too big. I had to order them and pay in advance so I kinda got screwed with that. They're ok just could be a tad smaller and the sole is not nearly as confortable as thier carbon mt shoes.... :mumble:

J

JRB

I like my carbon shoes much better than the specialized ones, but I do have to wear heavier wool socks, which is ok. Good luck on the size thing. I just bought a small fortune in backpacks for Julie and myself and will send back what we don't want. It actually turns out that I am going to keep a mountainsmith pack that is $60 less. I never get to keep the cheap one, until now. Mailorder has changed my life for the better. :D

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
JMAC said:
I know I shouldn't post this here. But i need to know how vasue's sizing compair to other companies like asics or mizuno? say like is a 13 in vasque equal to a 13 in asics? Thanks
I usually wear a 10.5 and my Vasques are 11W. The lacing system sucks by the way. The rubber on the soles gets weirdly polished and then they get slippery on roots and rocks. Also when they get wet they take forever to dry. When they wear out I won't get new ones....jdcamb

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
jdcamb said:
I usually wear a 10.5 and my Vasques are 11W. The lacing system sucks by the way. The rubber on the soles gets weirdly polished and then they get slippery on roots and rocks. Also when they get wet they take forever to dry. When they wear out I won't get new ones....jdcamb
Meh I'm getting them cause a friend of mine who runs like 7 days a week in snow and on trails loves them. We'll see either way they're pretty cheap as running shoes go.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
LOCO why are you being, dare I say....nice!!!? Usaully you try to bite my head off at anything I say, whats with the change?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
hmmm somethin tells me this is a thread for the knowledgable mind of Serial Midget. pm him he still lurks from time to time....

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Skookum said:
hmmm somethin tells me this is a thread for the knowledgable mind of Serial Midget. pm him he still lurks from time to time....
I would but I already orded the shoes, soo to late now, but yeah where is serial he would have been a big help...,..

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
JMAC said:
I would but I already orded the shoes, soo to late now, but yeah where is serial he would have been a big help...,..
ironically he's busy selling shoes..... :think:

oh the capricious parody of this world!

J

JRB

Just being nice is all, JMAC. I firgured your brain is probably frozen up there right now. I'll be more hateful come summer, when you thaw out. :D

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
loco said:
Just being nice is all, JMAC. I firgured your brain is probably frozen up there right now. I'll be more hateful come summer, when you thaw out. :D
Yes it is very cold, and yes thats a great excuse....my brain si frozen.... :p

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Skookum said:
ironically he's busy selling shoes..... :think:

oh the capricious parody of this world!
Oh, more like box boy in charge of boxes of shoes... lots and lots of boxes of shoes. :blah:

Anyhow JMAC I have no experience with the brand you ordered but I am pleased you avoided Nike. :cool:

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Serial Midget said:
Oh, more like box boy in charge of boxes of shoes... lots and lots of boxes of shoes. :blah:

Anyhow JMAC I have no experience with the brand you ordered but I am pleased you avoided Nike. :cool:
LOL I would never buy Nike don't worry...for road shoes I've been in love with Mizuno (sp?) for some time now. :drool:

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
I dont like vasques, they havent lasted well for me. I love Merrels and there's a pair of Asolos Im thinkning about trying out. I like Garmont's construction but their shape doesnt fit my foot well.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
the Inbred said:
by golly i love MEC.
LOL yes MEC is awesome, I;m glad they opened one in montreal but it's still a really long/ pain in the ass drive for me. That's why I ordered these...
Anyways everyone seeems to hate Vasques :( but wtvr hopefully I can live with them for a few months. I didn;t want to spend much on a shoe that was going to get destoyed from snow, salt and ice anyway...

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i wish they'd open one in Texas. REI kinda has that market cornered, but MEC is better than REI, in my opinion.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Transcend said:
Vasque's are sized a bit large, I would say a half size. I have a couple of pairs of their hiking boots, LOVE them to death.
Yeah thats what I've heard, that their hiking boots are awesome...someone on here said they're sized a half size small...well I guess I see soon.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
the Inbred said:
i wish they'd open one in Texas. REI kinda has that market cornered, but MEC is better than REI, in my opinion.
Well I don;t know for mail order-this is the first time i've mail ordered from them- but their acatully stores are soo awesome it's like I just fell into heaven and I just walk around for hours.... :devil:

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Just got my Vasques in the mail today, all I have to say is these are some freaking shoes :drool: :eek: they're like mini boats, look over built. I;m used to road running shoes though so what do I know. Anyways, I've never had the luck of getting such an insanely well fitting pair of shoes. It's like I've had these all my life, I was bang on with the size so I'm very happy. Also from what I've seen they appear to be extremely well built, especially when you take the price into account. Very VERY nice shoes, I'd prolly want something maybe a lil ligther for summer and racing. Wtvr though cause this is for winter running and spring running, training. So I'm just peachy today :rolleyes: