Quantcast

Vector format?

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology' started by JohnE, Sep 7, 2012.

1. JohnE

JohnE filthy rascist

Rep/Likes:
    147 / 641
    I am trying to do a deal with a guy stateside for new hoceky jerseys for my team here. He needs our artwork, which is in Powerpoint (Yeah, lame I know...) in Vector format. Is there a way to convert/switch/change/transmogrify my modest Powerpoint into Vector format?

#1 -   Sep 7, 2012

Please register to disable this ad.

2. benny_mech

benny_mech Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Seeping through your eyeballs and infecting your b
    You want a Raster to Vector converter program. There are a grip of them, some are free, some are built into other programs (like Photoshop).

#2 -   Sep 7, 2012
  3. dante

dante Unabomber

Rep/Likes:
    11 / 8
    If you have Powerpoint, you can export it as a .pdf. If you don't have Powerpoint you can use a PP-like program like (free) Libre Office's "Impress" to do it, but I'd stay as close to whatever program originally created the design. Making something in Powerpoint, opening it in "Impress" and then exporting it to a different type of file altogether is just asking for something to get screwed up, or to lack a font or for a color to be off, or something dumb like that. I'm a big fan of Inkscape for vector graphics (ie, bike graphics) but that doesn't help you much now that the design has already been created.

#3 -   Sep 7, 2012
  4. Silver

Silver find me a tampon

Rep/Likes:
    10 / 0
    After you export as a .pdf, you still need to open in InDesign or Illustrator and convert it, no?