Quantcast

Vegan/Vegetarian temptations...

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
So in my quest to secure a PS3 I have resorted to bribery of my wife who is Vegan. So far I'm making some headway but I think she's on to me. Anyway just thought I would share a few pics of some of the vegan dishes I made over the holidays...D

Vegan brownie with vegan choc/PB ice cream.

Vegan Chocolate cake

Vegan Cinnamon buns

Vegan green curry

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
So I guess its safe to say that your wife enjoyed your chocolate goodness? :)
:D

yo' D!

recipes?

A few nights ago I made Seitan Ribz or whatever. I was suprised how well they came out. I'm diggin on the vegitarian cooking lately. (I ate ZERO veggies for 20 plus years so this stuff is really new to me)

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
hmmm...maybe we can start a vegetarian/vegan recipe thread....I get the feeling though I would be the only one posting recipes :D

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
yea, I'm no where in league with what your throwin down but I do enjoy cooking healthy food.

instead of a specific thread you could just post the recipes when you post a new thread... I see no need for a sticky..

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
hmmm...maybe we can start a vegetarian/vegan recipe thread....I get the feeling though I would be the only one posting recipes :D
Hey if its cool for nobody to have his own thread its Fine by me if you do too! :D
Besides I'd be keen to try making some of those vegan dishes you just posted pics of. ;)

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I think most people think that vegan or vegitarian food tastes bad. The reality is, some people can cook good tasting food and some can't.

So in the intrest of sharing quality and tasty food, please give the people some recipes.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
I think most people think that vegan or vegitarian food tastes bad. The reality is, some people can cook good tasting food and some can't.

So in the intrest of sharing quality and tasty food, please give the people some recipes.

ok I will try and contribute some regular recipes. I'ts kind of hard for me to do so because I rarely measure. I mostly cook by feel and taste....D

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
I actually really enjoy vegetarian eating, it really cuts out a lot of the crap in your diet and makes you pay more attention to what goes in.

Over the summer my roommate's girlfriend was pretty hardcore on the vegetarian trip (among others). She wouldn't let us cook meat in the house or anything so I went a good chunk of the summer eating prevailingly vegetarian/organic stuff. Definitely felt an increase in energy levels and nice quality dumps on the reg.

Recipes would be appreciated, I'll try to get some as well.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I actually really enjoy vegetarian eating, it really cuts out a lot of the crap in your diet and makes you pay more attention to what goes in.
I guess that could be true if you're eating crap in the first place. :p

<snip> nice quality dumps on the reg.
Try a nice big bowl of oatmeal *every* morning. Same effect and doesn't require removing meat from the diet.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
To each his own. I'm definitely an omnivore but I've been cutting down on meat in that I don't feel the need for meat in everything. So whereas before I would NEED sausage in my pasta I'll now sometimes do without and add more mushrooms or whatever, especially if I already ate meat earlier in the day. I've always been a little suspect of fake meat products though - many seem to contain more harmful chemicals and processed food products (not to mention carbon footprint) than a simple piece of locally-raised meat.

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
Not necessarily true [yeah, hard to believe, but i do quite a lot of Vegetarian but not 'VEGAN' dishes - i get eggs and cheese worked into the mix occasionally]

But that top brownie looks totally awesome!

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Not necessarily true [yeah, hard to believe, but i do quite a lot of Vegetarian but not 'VEGAN' dishes - i get eggs and cheese worked into the mix occasionally]

But that top brownie looks totally awesome!

True...I have actually take a few of your recipes and made them Vegan :D
I guess I'm more commenting about this thread becoming like almost all the other veg threads post here...where the meat eaters need to interject how cool meat is or try and justify why they eat meat.....D

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
ok so here is an actual recipe for you vegan bakers out there. They're called mistake because that's what happened :D

Pre heat oven to 350 F

wet stuff
1 cup margarine
1.5 cups organic brown sugar
1 tsp real vanilla
blend all these together.
2 portions of egg replacer...if you know how to use this stuff then your fine. If not beat the hell out of it until it pretty much looks like egg whites then fold it in to the mixture above. Hold speparetly

dry stuff
2 cups unbleached flour
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups organic dark choc. chips
mix these all together first then add it to the wet mixture above. Scop what ever size you want and then bake for 15-20 minutes. I personally pour the whole thing into a 1.5L pyrex (8"x6"x2")and cook them like brownies but they work either way....D

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
I busted these out last night....

PB/Choc cookies
Preheat oven to 350

wet ingredients
1 cup margarine
1 cup unrefined sugar
1 cup org. brown sugar
1 cup of Adams all natural peanut butter
2 portions of egg replacer
combine together and set aside.

Dry ingredients
2 cups of unbleached flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 cup dark choc. chips
mix together...then add to wet ingredients

scoop the size cookies you want. I use a #10 scooper but it's up to you. Place dough on a very lightly greased pan and bake for 12-15 minutes....D

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
I busted these out last night....

PB/Choc cookies
Preheat oven to 350

wet ingredients
1 cup margarine
1 cup unrefined sugar
1 cup org. brown sugar
1 cup of Adams all natural peanut butter
2 portions of egg replacer
combine together and set aside.

Dry ingredients
2 cups of unbleached flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 cup dark choc. chips
mix together...then add to wet ingredients

scoop the size cookies you want. I use a #10 scooper but it's up to you. Place dough on a very lightly greased pan and bake for 12-15 minutes....D
and when your done you get this....