Quantcast

Vegas jumps?

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
I'm gonna be drving through Vegas this coming Wednesday (December 15) Are there any dirtjumps in Las Vegas that can be sessioned, or even any other places along the way back to Boulder, Colorado? I say Vegas specifically because I've heard that there is more than one place to find jumps out there, plus it should be pretty warm. Let me know if you know anything or directions or something, or even any pictures. Thanks.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
Li'l Dave said:
I'm gonna be drving through Vegas this coming Wednesday (December 15) Are there any dirtjumps in Las Vegas that can be sessioned, or even any other places along the way back to Boulder, Colorado? I say Vegas specifically because I've heard that there is more than one place to find jumps out there, plus it should be pretty warm. Let me know if you know anything or directions or something, or even any pictures. Thanks.
hey man. i just visited vegas a few weeks ago to see a buddy of mine and did some riding at bootleg canyon. they have a bunch of jumps at the base right by the parking lot. bootleg is about 45 minutes SE of the strip. good stuff. you should check it out. unfortunately, i didn't have a bike with me so i rented a bike and did some XC and some small DJs.

here's a few pics:

bootleg canyon:

some XC trails:

screwing around jumping a buddy of mine on a POS rental bike:

some of the DJs:

hope this helps... don't know where there are other DJs out there, but i'm sure they have some all over the place! i had a great time riding out there in all that dry stuff... very different from the east coast. next time, i'll take one of my bikes or the big bike to hit the DH trails out there.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Hey Dave, did you drop some 636's off at my house before you split town?

My stoned room mate just said "a friend" of mine dropped them off!

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Yeah, I dropped them off, I think they are on that little table that's on your left once you walk in the front door. He said you should be able to see them once you walked in, but he said he would still show you. They are there though.

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Li'l Dave said:
Yeah, I dropped them off, I think they are on that little table that's on your left once you walk in the front door. He said you should be able to see them once you walked in, but he said he would still show you. They are there though.
Ahh thats cool. I was like "Whats with the pedals?" Adam was like "Uhh, your buddy dropped them off" :rolleyes:

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Oh yeah, did Rabie tell you that I was going to leave them for you to give him? I was on my way out to CO, and we were in quite the hurry so I didn't have a note to leave you or anything.

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Li'l Dave said:
Oh yeah, did Rabie tell you that I was going to leave them for you to give him? I was on my way out to CO, and we were in quite the hurry so I didn't have a note to leave you or anything.
No, now that explains it! Yeah, I'll give 'em the pedals in the morning! :p
I was confused man, what do I need another set of SPD's for? :p

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Thanks, and I know. What the hell are you going to do with SPD's when Times are just so much better to start with. When I come back we'll have to ride more, I have until the 24th to just screw around.