Quantcast

Velo Safe Travel Case

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Nope, flown many times with a Thule hard case and swapped several years ago to an Evoc soft case.

Check the dimensions of it, it might exceed the max allowed size as "normal" baggage by some airlines and be forced to go as freight.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Am having to get this just for one bike. Is possible to swap controls and hide hose disconnects but for the time, money and present setup a new case is easier.
This is accommodated by my carrier as checked baggage; more interested in how it's 'handled'. Is a chunky-boy - 35# for just the case.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Am having to get this just for one bike. Is possible to swap controls and hide hose disconnects but for the time, money and present setup a new case is easier.
This is accommodated by my carrier as checked baggage; more interested in how it's 'handled'. Is a chunky-boy - 35# for just the case.
I flew plenty of times with a 30ish lb Thule hard case and DH bike made that close to the max of 70lb.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
I flew plenty of times with a 30ish lb Thule hard case and DH bike made that close to the max of 70lb.
Years ago when I was flying in/out/around the US I was carrying bikes in semi-hard bike cases, I noticed they tended to get chucked about a bit. Once I was picking it up at oversized desk and the dude said just leave bikes whole, flip the bars to 90 and they’re more likely to get looked after. I did this, just put some foam around the fork stantions and I only did a couple more flights but I had no issues, the handlers were seen wheeling the bikes about rather than tossing the bag. Anyway, who knows what goes on with the crack head handlers these days but anyway.