Quantcast

!! Venge dray!!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey errebody! Thanks for the birthday. I cashed in my free birthday Starbuck drink this morning...my usual five shot Americano. I did that after my 2500 yard swim, and now I am in the office for a few hours just to make an appearance. The Fresh Market also sent me a coupon for a free slice of birthday cake, so I need to cash that sucker in too. Hopefully they'll have the coconut cake.

Our foster pup suddenly has three applications, so her days with us are numbered...could be as early as today. She is now crate trained and mostly house trained, she is pretty good on a leash but is developing a growing interest in squirrels and birds, and she needs to learn stairs. She responds well to corrections and understands "NO." Good dog.

20240629_114844.jpg

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. My parents show up for the weekend later this afternoon. Done with work at noon.

We weren't going to league night last night because Haley's done with indoor (it's fucking with her outdoor driving), but Wifey said to go to one last race. She did okay in teen league, but decided to drive with one of the junior girls afterwards. She kind of dropped Maddie, because she went and SET THE TRACK RECORD! she got within .001 seconds the last time that she got close. This time? 25.377 > 25.299. She fucking obliterated it. Setting it was her last K1 Jr goal, ironically set on her last day racing at K1 competitively.

Happy Bday @I Are Baboon

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Here. My parents show up for the weekend later this afternoon. Done with work at noon.

We weren't going to league night last night because Haley's done with indoor (it's fucking with her outdoor driving), but Wifey said to go to one last race. She did okay in teen league, but decided to drive with one of the junior girls afterwards. She kind of dropped Maddie, because she went and SET THE TRACK RECORD! she got within .001 seconds the last time that she got close. This time? 25.377 > 25.299. She fucking obliterated it. Setting it was her last K1 Jr goal, ironically set on her last day racing at K1 competitively.

Happy Bday @I Are Baboon
i too am done work at noon. then chores.

congrats to the kiddo. hope she's proud of herself for it. should be a good confidence boost in spite of the fuckery going on elsewhere.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
HBD @IRB

here. Some decontaminated equipment at work is making me dizzy. Whee! Not actually fun.
Got up and rode 19 miles, relatively hard. Expected my riding buddy to bail and he did, so I was not disappointed. Beauty of a morning.
Carpenters are YOLOing with my SWAG, but the foundation guys did a great job and they should be done today so that's nice.
Tryin' to get my updated offer letter so I can sign it and YOLO my own SWAG vis-a-vis a month of august vacation/dad from homing.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
how are you even alive
seriously. that could easily be in the 750mg of caffeine... :twitch:

I biked with my kids to camp: 45 minute round trip. then I biked to work, where I am now. I will bike home at lunch, after my in-person team meeting. Then I will bike to pick up the kids at 4. it's humid but not too hot. nice day to be biking around.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Pretty light day today I think. Gonna go get my 'do did after stand up meeting. It's funny that we still call it a stand up meeting even though the only one standing is the weirdo with a standing desk because it's all over Teams. The concept is still there, mostly except for the one jackass that wants to discuss theory and share his screen to show everyone something (that nobody cares about). It's a status meeting. What you did yesterday, what you plan to do today, do you require assistance? Less than 5 minutes, that's all.

HBD Babs! :cheers:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
HBD IAB!!!

Packing up the camper for a couple of nights at the inlaws. Final night of Field hockey camp tonight so lots of water games and freeze pops will be consumed. Helped Syd with her college loan paperwork. She's approved (didn't think she wouldn't be as we have quite good credit and cosigned). Next up, food prep for camping so I don't have to do it tomorrow.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Hey errebody! Thanks for the birthday. I cashed in my free birthday Starbuck drink this morning...my usual five shot Americano. I did that after my 2500 yard swim, and now I am in the office for a few hours just to make an appearance. The Fresh Market also sent me a coupon for a free slice of birthday cake, so I need to cash that sucker in too. Hopefully they'll have the coconut cake.

Our foster pup suddenly has three applications, so her days with us are numbered...could be as early as today. She is now crate trained and mostly house trained, she is pretty good on a leash but is developing a growing interest in squirrels and birds, and she needs to learn stairs. She responds well to corrections and understands "NO." Good dog.

View attachment 214350
This is why I couldn't foster, I couldn't give that pup up, damn. That's a good looking mutt right there.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
HBD IAB

wat.gif

/me pedaled in to work for yet another day! two in a row not being off or from home. nevertheless, I shall persist
They're taking today and tomorrow off after removing one board yesterday and five boards on Monday. it's tough work! The guy says it'll take two more days...I'm like "yeah, with a team of 4". I'm not in any rush so as long as the work gets done and it looks good at the end, I'm fine with it.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
This is why I couldn't foster, I couldn't give that pup up, damn. That's a good looking mutt right there.
I am able to keep the mindset that it's not my dog and the stay is temporary, as cute as these pups are. Wife gets attached to them though and cries every time the fosters get adopted. We may end up keeping one eventually, but that would mean one less foster home the adoption group has to place dogs in.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I am able to keep the mindset that it's not my dog and the stay is temporary, as cute as these pups are. Wife gets attached to them though and cries every time the fosters get adopted. We may end up keeping one eventually, but that would mean one less foster home the adoption group has to place dogs in.
I would get attached, the wife would be unstoppable. :rofl:

But good on you. The wife and I have talked about doing seniors they can't find homes for, but the last year with Indy was pretty tough, so that didn't last. 3 dogs in general is a lot.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I miss when camera's came with a physical manual.

I downloaded the manual for a new camera to be printed at office depot and bound.

he said....you realise how long this is

no....

Screenshot_20240703_145556_Drive.jpg

fuck.

picking up a cheap ass tablet to be the manual.