Quantcast

Vengeance *** Day

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
the espresso is very dark today.....WIN

Dogs woke me up at 0200 with that let us out pacing on the hardwood floor. beats stepping in shit later. Good thing I can fall right back asleep and was able to get another hour in. Have to finish loading my crap into the camper tonight so that I can hit the road right after work tomorrow and head off to do a 3 day EMT gig.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Brain won’t stop being a brain, so I’m awake. Teh Financèe wants to do a workout before she goes in for her shift, so I’m relegated to the back half of our rental. Might as well try and go back to sleep for another hour?

First proper interview of my job search today. Feeling nervous.

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
Brain won’t stop being a brain, so I’m awake. Teh Financèe wants to do a workout before she goes in for her shift, so I’m relegated to the back half of our rental. Might as well try and go back to sleep for another hour?

Good luck on your interview today

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I had a candidate say yes to a job so that is a win today. Fall rain is back so no walks by the beach to break the monotony of life in front of the computer.

I feel better every day with the broken bone but not sure how long it will take before I can get back to normal life. Still difficult to drive and get dressed in anything beside zippered shirts.

Booked: Trains, ferries and automobiles for Saturday travel plans. Almost felt like John Candy.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

1. Stress is a bitch
2. How does she do it? It's fucking early?
3. You got this. You've got a mad skill set that they want. There is a reason they (and everyone else) are humping your leg. Just be you (well maybe not 100%), show them what you got, and go for a ride afterwards.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Study. Work.

Leaning more towards getting a trail bike and selling the Mega. Only frustration is that what I'm looking at only has a SRAM build kit option, while I very much prefer Shimano. And given everything else in the house is Shimano, I want to keep it that way. So... Parts swap and no sell before buy option.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

I love that our ERP system has no way to designate an alternate part for use, so instead I must create all new part numbers and BOMs to establish said alternative. :banghead:

Otherwise, slept like poop, it's gonna be sweltering out there, and I've got oodles of stuff to do. Best get to it.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I feel better every day with the broken bone but not sure how long it will take before I can get back to normal life. Still difficult to drive and get dressed in anything beside zippered shirts.
Good luck with the recovery!

Here. Got a ride in late evening yesterday before the weather turned from late summer to fall today. It was surprising busy on the trails, guess more folks had the same idea as I did. Usually I see nobody that late.
Apparently one guy also hit the deck pretty hard at the "river" gap (more like a creek gap) and needed to be driven to the ER by his buddies some of the other riders told me. Not cool. :thumbsdown:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

good luck. It's a good time to be in the job market- you'll kill it if you sprinkle a little confidence in there.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
slept like a KING last night, so I got up at "why the fuck are you awake" o clock and did a workout.

row today, light ride tomorrow, fTP test friday? then I start boostin'

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Good luck, FT.

Leaning more towards getting a trail bike and selling the Mega
y tho

I work today. ED and inpatient this and that. On the upside, rehearsal last night, while not perfect, was better than expected both from the perspective of the whole group having taken 17 months off and my own playing.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Cold and dark this morning, I'll take it. Have work to do, that sucks. But I also have Friday off, so that's good.

@Full Trucker you got this, man.

<edit> also getting Khao Man Gai from Nong's. It's been forever and it's the most epic chicken and rice you could ever experience. So simple and basic yet so amazing.

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
First time event last night - Sofa nap followed by a snack.Cleaning up from the snack I thought "did I eat dinner?" I had to look for evidence to verify. I had not eaten dinner.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Here. Study. Work.

Leaning more towards getting a trail bike and selling the Mega. Only frustration is that what I'm looking at only has a SRAM build kit option, while I very much prefer Shimano. And given everything else in the house is Shimano, I want to keep it that way. So... Parts swap and no sell before buy option.
I very much prefer Shimano for mtb, in 30 years and at least a dozen bikes I have never had any issues. Back in the late 90s I had a Sram Gripshift with little carbon bits in the derailleur, that eventually cracked but was still functional as long as you shifted slowly. No warranty from Trek or Sram and I could not afford to replace it at the time. I've avoided Sram until I got my budget built Yeti - it has GX from 2016 and, aside from clunky shifting, it has been much better than expected. I'd intended to swap out the drive bits after a year or two but don't see the need.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Both wheels?

Yep. The rear is done, sliced on the bead and a hole big enough to stick a finger through.

Rear wheel has some loose spokes, but still seems round. And no dents on either, though there are two nice gouges in the metal from whatever asshole rock got in the way. Impressed with that so far with these rims...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Yep. The rear is done, sliced on the bead and a hole big enough to stick a finger through.

Rear wheel has some loose spokes, but still seems round. And no dents on either, though there are two nice gouges in the metal from whatever asshole rock got in the way. Impressed with that so far with these rims...
:thumbsdown:. That tire looks pretty fresh too.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
this post

Screenshot_20210825-141521_Instagram.jpg

prompted this purchase...his great uncles memoir...

Screenshot_20210825-104908_Instagram.jpg

waiting for delivery

Last edited: