Quantcast

Ventura Area...

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
There is a ton of trails to ride out that way, as for shuttle-able DH, its a bit in short demand out this way. You find a fair bit of half built but rideable secret trails, but for specifics in ventura I do not know. Its going to be dry and loose down here, but that does not mean it is not fun...

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I think your best bet from there for good DH trails will probably be Santa Barbara and SLO.

In general that area is a great place to live. You are going to need a surfboard.

Last edited:

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
as long as theres something a bit better than the orange county trails i rode for years i'll be happy. Im no stranger to driving .30-1.30 hours to ride so if it's within that distance i'll be ok. Simple XC type riding im ok with being closer.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
as long as theres something a bit better than the orange county trails i rode for years i'll be happy. Im no stranger to driving .30-1.30 hours to ride so if it's within that distance i'll be ok. Simple XC type riding im ok with being closer.
Never ridden in the OC but I can vouch for the riding in SB. It's money.

NAYR

Monkey
Jul 13, 2009
Truckee
Ventura is roughly 30 minutes south from arguably the best shuttle accessed DH trails in CA depending on what types of trails you like to ride. Santa Barbara has great riding. Hope you like rocks!