Quantcast

very nasty crash photo sequence

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
wood-dog said:
HA! I love watching roadies go down because they have no concept of tuck & roll
I gotta say being what most people would call a DH guy these days. I've gotten destroyed far worse in road wrecks than I ever have in DH. Things happen so fast and you can hit the ground before you even know your going to fall...plus you're hitting at a higher speed usually than off road and on pavement...

and then you have this....http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2006/aug06/USPROcrit06/index.php?id=/photos/2006/aug06/USPROcrit06/USPROcrit061/Downers2006-01

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
Zutroy said:
I gotta say being what most people would call a DH guy these days. I've gotten destroyed far worse in road wrecks than I ever have in DH. Things happen so fast and you can hit the ground before you even know your going to fall...plus you're hitting at a higher speed usually than off road and on pavement...

and then you have this....http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2006/aug06/USPROcrit06/index.php?id=/photos/2006/aug06/USPROcrit06/USPROcrit061/Downers2006-01
yeah downhillers usually average around 30 mph on most courses. roadies hit 30 quite easily in a sprint. the speeds are higher so it's harder to react in time.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
gnurider1080 said:
yeah downhillers usually average around 30 mph on most courses. roadies hit 30 quite easily in a sprint. the speeds are higher so it's harder to react in time.
Plus your weight is farther forward on the road bike it flips faster....

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
Zutroy said:
Yeah, and any sport that has the term "bacon" to describe an abrasion just freaks me out. No bacon for me, thanks! I'll stick to downhilling!