Quantcast

Very, uh, entertaining BMX clip

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
bikenweed said:
Hmmm....Nuttin' like drive-by shootings going backwards on a BMX....and duct tape works wonders on open wounds....Prolly shoulda worn some sort of head protection for that little gap that he face planted....Maybe a half lid made out of ...what else...duct tape!!

Fun vid though.:cool:

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
Cool video, but I don't see the flow with radical BMX and gun viloence,
with as many chances this dude takes he should start practicing now for the wheelchair olympics.....

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
jdschall said:
Ummm. What's the point? if he gets run over by a 100 ton diesel locomotive do you really think a helmet's gonna save his ass?
That is true...

I want to see a MTB video of this caliber. It really goes to show the differing demographic between BMX and MTB.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
bikenweed said:
That is true...

I want to see a MTB video of this caliber. It really goes to show the differing demographic between BMX and MTB.

BMX is way more progressive than MTB hands down.

That guy was illlllllll

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
chicodude said:
BMX is way more progressive than MTB hands down.

That guy was illlllllll

I don't argue that bmx isn't more progressive than mtb but this guy didn't do anything too technical that I could tell. Nothing that a mtb couldn't do. He just did it in situations and speeds where he would pay dearly if he screwed up.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
jdschall said:
I don't argue that bmx isn't more progressive than mtb but this guy didn't do anything too technical that I could tell. Nothing that a mtb couldn't do. He just did it in situations and speeds where he would pay dearly if he screwed up.
Full cab on a mini ramp, barspin to lander without catching the bars, half cab up that wall, half cab across that roof gap, big 180 gap, fakie across 4 or 6 lanes of traffic, gap into a moving truck, it was actually a really cool mix of tech and burly. A really good MTBer could do that stuff, but I still haven't seen really any of that done on a 26er.

I get stoked when people mix tech and burly. MTB's should be the future of burly, that's for sure. However, BMXers do keep on getting better. It's an interesting future ahead of us. I think people who aren't really in the BMX scene don't realize when a trick is really tech unless it's kind of pointed out. I know that when I see some tech flatland stuff it looks simple, until someone explains it to me.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
bikenweed said:
I think people who aren't really in the BMX scene don't realize when a trick is really tech unless it's kind of pointed out. I know that when I see some tech flatland stuff it looks simple, until someone explains it to me.
You got me there. Just looks like a bunch of big 180's to me.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
bikenweed said:
That is true...

He said "caliber", get it? That's funny...

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Well, that clip shows one good thing. To get good your gonna fall down. You would think for As much as he fell he would have a Friggin Helmet and some Shin guards. Thumbs down for the Bad example. Guys like this need to realize the younger kids look up to this stuff. The part with teh train Was just retarded. Apparently the guy doesnt have much to live for.

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
Well, it certainly was entertaining. Can we at least agree that no-handed manual with the wheel one inch off the ground that he seemed to be able to ride forever was pretty freaking hot?

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
The gun looks real to me...

EDIT: ehhh... maybe it's not - don't see much recoil or any shell casings being ejected... vid quality kinda poor, so it's hard to tell.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Holy Crap I know that guy!!!

I recognized some of the spots and then realized who it was.

He used to build his own frames in Gainesville Florida. He called them warlock. They were 24" specific but built with some mtb parts in mind. That guy was so ahead of his time it's retarded. A buddy of mine bought one of his frames.

Back when I was at uf he'd go manualing through traffic doing barspins through intersections. Looks like he's still doing the same shlt:rolleyes:

Edit: HAHAA just did a search and found this

http://www.unrealcycles.com/gallery_view.php?view=101

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
This guy apparently has absolutely no concern for his own safety. Not only the No helmet, shirt, or pads. But Dude, jumping the bikes, riding on cars?. Man people get touchy with that stuff. what is he gonna do someday Hopping someones Harley and he taggs the seat, falls on his ass, And the owner Kicks the Living **** out of him. I mean teh guy rides good, and apparently has teh balls to go big, But What an Idiot!!!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
DirtyMike said:
This guy apparently has absolutely no concern for his own safety. Not only the No helmet, shirt, or pads. But Dude, jumping the bikes, riding on cars?. Man people get touchy with that stuff. what is he gonna do someday Hopping someones Harley and he taggs the seat, falls on his ass, And the owner Kicks the Living **** out of him. I mean teh guy rides good, and apparently has teh balls to go big, But What an Idiot!!!
Well based on the fact that he's been riding like that for at least 15 years back when I met him, and assuming this video is somewhat recent...looks like he's doin just fine.:rolleyes:

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
kidwoo said:
Well based on the fact that he's been riding like that for at least 15 years back when I met him, and assuming this video is somewhat recent...looks like he's doin just fine.:rolleyes:

I'm gonna have to go with still an idiot!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
BigMike said:
I'm gonna have to go with still an idiot!
Yeah right after I posted that I kind of started remembering what I thought of the guy.............. I think I got all emotional about actually seeing him and forgot that I said the exact same thing about him at one time.

Previous sentiments rescinded.

Fakie with a gun? WTF?