Quantcast

Victor Falls

When does victor falls shut down? Do they allow hiking during these times? I was thinking about taking my stunts down and removing the nails so there's no issues down the road. I'm considering on transplanting my pre-built stuff to SST if Andy gets the OK. Just curious if I can go out there and do all this or if I'll get harrassed.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
I don't think it 'shuts down'. They just don't want you parking in the Christmas Tree lot from Thanksgiving though Christmas.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Yes the old dude that owns the Christmas Tree Farm parking lot has always been cool to trail users and let us park there. i've met him a few times and he's a good guy, buy your X-mas tree from him he's good to us.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
From what i remember it does SHUT down from some date (dont rememebr) to New years day. We ususally go out new years in excitment of hitting victor, ride around... then go eat mexican..... Its one of my 1-2 trips i can handle out there. Best bet is to look up Bonney Lake Cycles. They will know the scoop for sure.

oly said:
From what i remember it does SHUT down from some date (dont rememebr) to New years day. We ususally go out new years in excitment of hitting victor, ride around... then go eat mexican..... Its one of my 1-2 trips i can handle out there. Best bet is to look up Bonney Lake Cycles. They will know the scoop for sure.
Well if they do shut down, I'm just wondering if I can start work back up again on my project trail? I'm thinking about making some more "Free standing" type stuff, as well as cutting the top half through. It "will" be the best run through out there and might perk your interest to come back more than twice. But...just depends if I can do it, and if I can get some of my friends to help out.

I believe the Tree farm parking is off limits from Thankgiving to new year, understandable.

I have heard in the past that the cascadia land that IS Victor Falls, is also 'closed during those times, because a lot of people poach X-mas trees. But I also know most people ride there during this time, and don't get bothered. I don't think they're worried Mt. bikers, but leave your saws at home. :-)

radjockette

Monkey
Jun 26, 2004
PNW woods
Ok, here's the scoop. VF DOES shut down for 2 months (some legality issues that allow land owner, Cascadia, from paying taxes or fees and making it into a recreation area). It is patrolled by a hired so called policeman and his wife who rides a horse out there. They live down the road and the last 4 years he has patrolled with a white jeep wrangler. If approached, you can always play dumb and that you didn't know. I really don't think he can press charges or anything. As for the Xmas tree farm, I know Vince very well as I have been going out there for 4 years and always talk to him. No parking in his parking lot. Parking out on the street is OK, but you run the risk of having this patrolling guy leaving a note or waiting for you. If I was to "sneak" out there, I would park in some housing neighborhood before you get to the top of the hill. I used to go down the back way, by the falls, when there was no lock on the gate and drive back to the tall water tower and hide my truck in the bushes and build on. :sneaky: It was alot of fun. There is housing back there now and I haven't been back but I think that the road is only blocked by some cement barriers which could be gone around with a 4X4. As for the other side there is always some way in if one is persistant enough. As I have looked at it in the past, almost every tree is going to be cut down and the land filled with cement and houses at some time in the future. I have been selective on the trees I have cut down for use and don't see the problem with it as the place will all be cut down. Long live stunts!!

radjockette said:
I have been selective on the trees I have cut down for use and don't see the problem with it as the place will all be cut down. Long live stunts!!
PM me, maybe we can get a small group of guys to cut some new lines while they are closed. I think some sick DJ's and useing the existing terrain might be possible and fun to avoid getting in trouble for cutting. I hauled in a bunch of wood from jobsite junk piles and used minimal tree's as braces in order to avoid too much controversy. I'm considering on trying to go with free standing stuff from now on, possibly just dirt, stumps, and fallen tree's... I'm ready to start building somewhere whenever you are, and I think I have a couple of friends who would be down.