Quantcast

Victor Falls

Sup fella's,

Well I've got about a month and a half off and I'm tired of sitting around eating and feeling depressed because of this sorry @ss weather around here. SO, I was thinking about reviving my trail out at Victor Falls using "Free Standing" stunts and dirt and I'm wondering if anyone would like to partake in making the best trail Victor falls has ever seen? I've got Two shuvels, a root killer, hand saw, hammer's, and a drive to get out in the woods even if it's raining. I've got to bust through this depression feeling this weather brings as I'm not used to it being from a sunnier place. I want to make something local, I thought about scouting out some area's further out but something local for all of us south sound peeps to play on afterwork or for a quick two hour get away sounds better. I just don't want to be chillin' in the woods by myself out there as I'd feel like I'd need to keep some heat on me.(cougars, meth heads, homeless people) There's not alot of any of those but there are some.

Anyhow, I think that if we build stuff that doesn't ruin the tree's, use free standing stuff, I don't think they will care if we scrape out some brush to make another trail being that there are so many as it is and it will all get developed some day. Right now, as it stands, I've been told that where I have my trail will be the last place to be developed so we'd be putting in some effort to have a fun spot to hit up for a couple of years still to come.

So Andy(DBXR, Jimbo-the-biker, Oly?) and anyone else who lives down here or wants to help, send me a pm and let me know.

Oh, and for the "old timers" who know the "Right" and "wrong" way of doing this, I wouldn't mind your opinion as to if you think that anyone would care or not.(Skookum, Snacks, Snacks hubby, etc)

I think as long as we just use dirt and free standing stuff that isn't super high no one is going to care right?

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Got your PM...sounds like it was a pleasant surprise you received when you got there.
As far as the rain thing goes, don't let it get to you, Josh. I used to dread the rain, but now I use rainy days for things like trailwork and riding if the trails aren't too sloppy.

Besides, it doesn't really rain around here like it does in most other parts of the country. It's more like perma-drizzle. So long as you have some good layers on it's never a bad time to ride.

I definitely want to get my arse down to VF before long...it's been well over 2 yrs. since my knobbies have graced that dirt. I fear if I wait 2 more yrs., it could be far too late.:(

Sep 8, 2004
I'll help, once I can. Work is really starting to pick up. I've had one day off in the last two weeks, and its just gonna get busier. It should start to settle down in january though. I might be outta bikin' until then, hopefully not, but, it might be that way. Work can be a pain in the ass, but it pays for all the fun stuff.

-james.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
jimbo_the_biker said:
I'll help, once I can. Work is really starting to pick up. I've had one day off in the last two weeks, and its just gonna get busier. It should start to settle down in january though. I might be outta bikin' until then, hopefully not, but, it might be that way. Work can be a pain in the ass, but it pays for all the fun stuff.

-james.
Hey, you're alive!! I was noticing that you haven't been on the boards lately and was about to post an APB thread regarding you!
:eviltongu
Speaking of work, I need to get a job soon...real soon. Just getting by is really beginning to suck major arse.
Hey, look at it this way - when you do get back, SST is going to be an entirely new world for you to explore.:cool:

jimbo_the_biker said:

-james.
James,

Works a good thing man, I miss it actually... Anyhow, Andy and I and maybe a few others are going to be hauling out all the wood I and others hauled in to Victor falls as no one is using that trail and we are going to be building some stuff down at SST. I was wondering if you have a chainsaw? My stuff that I built is built well and so I'm going to need a chainsaw to cut it up in sections in order for us to haul it out. It would probably take a couple of hours tops if you can spare the time. If not, I'll look into possibly renting one. Let me know what you think.

Josh

Sep 8, 2004
Hey,

Well, if I get some more time off, I can probably get a chainsaw. My parents have one, and so does my grandfather, so, it shouldn't be too tough.

-James.

radjockette

Monkey
Jun 26, 2004
PNW woods
OK, what's up with putting wood stunts up at sst? Thought it wasn't suppose to be done. Is is ok if stunts aren't too big? If that's the case, I'm all up for helping out. Some fun stuff to practice some skinny's would be great, but it seems like stunts are always a quesionable thing.
Josh, I'm all down for building at at vf. I believe I know where your trail was and maybe it was just too close to the road. The stunts on the other side of the road have been there for awhile now, and they have never been ****** with. Don't know why they haven't, but its sure been nice. I have put many hours of work out there in the past. And a few years ago it was perfect for learning and perfecting ones wood riding skills. Everything is going to sh** out there now.
Keep me posted as to what can and needs to be built cause its that time of year for me to start buidling somewhere.

radjockette said:
OK, what's up with putting wood stunts up at sst? Thought it wasn't suppose to be done. Is is ok if stunts aren't too big? If that's the case, I'm all up for helping out. Some fun stuff to practice some skinny's would be great, but it seems like stunts are always a quesionable thing.
Josh, I'm all down for building at at vf. I believe I know where your trail was and maybe it was just too close to the road. The stunts on the other side of the road have been there for awhile now, and they have never been ****** with. Don't know why they haven't, but its sure been nice. I have put many hours of work out there in the past. And a few years ago it was perfect for learning and perfecting ones wood riding skills. Everything is going to sh** out there now.
Keep me posted as to what can and needs to be built cause its that time of year for me to start buidling somewhere.
Well...Andy(DBR X6, the main builder at SST) spoke with someone who I guess looks over the area and he said that low level skinnies, bridge's, roller coasters or seesaw's would be ok I guess. Nothing too high up was the concern and no gap's or drops like "that one place" that we are to not speak of. I "HAD" 6 stunts built out at VF back in May. My friends got tired of building as it was "riding" season and so we kind of left it as Whistler was opening as well as our higher up trails. I came back to the trail and some dirt bikers had torn down my sign asking them politely to keep out as it wasn't a through trail. My blockade was shredded, the teeter totter was busted, and my cat walk that was a good 25ft long, 15ft up was shattered on the ground. So now the trail looks like sh!t instead of NorthShore Art. I've been wanting to go back out there and clean it up, rebuild some stunts with the wood that's out there, and put in some different lines coming down the hill side. There's so much room for natural terrain that we could even get in some SST style lines on that hill that would be a blast, short but sweet.

But...It's hard to build all on your own, kind of gets boring, and I loose interest. I don't know too many people that like to build, so, I thought about donating all the wood out there to SST. I don't know...SST is kinda cool the way it is being all dirt and no wood but it would be fun to have a tech section too. I'm no builder like those guys who build out at "that one place" but I try and it normally turns out ok. However, if I can get a few guys to come and build lines at Victor for "our" part of the sport, then I'd much rather do that as it's closer to me and we have a long hill to work with. If your down to build out there, then let me know, I'm bored out of my mind and just sitting around...