Quantcast

Victoria, B.C. trails??

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Well I'm in Victoria for the weekend, and I wanna do some riding sunday, but I have absolutely no clue where to go. My ship is pulling in right near downtown. I wanna do some more extreme trail riding, not quite DH or freeride, but some fun singletrack and with some downhill section's. I'm a downhiller but I only have a Giant NRS with me, so some good fun downhill singletrack would be awesome. It'll be me and one of my co-workers maybe one or two more. Alright thanx in advance for any help.

Patrick

brock

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Tacoma, WA
If you have a way to get out there, check out the Hartland trail network. It sounds like it would work pretty good for what you are looking for.

read more here

Don't expect a warm welcome at the skatepark

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
The only place you have close is Hartland Dump, which is about 15 minutes out of town. Hit any bike shop and you'll be able to get a map, and some directions to the decent trails. You may also be able to hook up with someone in the parking lot to ride with. Oh and you can't shuttle there, so be prepared to climb.

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
Neal said:
Is Mt. Work still open? That place used to be very fun. Goldstream park?
Mt. Work aka the Hartland Dump is still open. The Highlands (which I think you mean by Goldstream) was closed down a few years ago because they put in a golf course.

There was also some great riding in Sooke, but I heard the city took a bunch of stuff down recently.