Quantcast

video bike check with gee atherton - 09 supreme dh

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
<object width="400" height="300"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=3370212&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=3370212&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></embed></object><br /><a href="http://vimeo.com/3370212">Gee Atherton Bike Check</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user1188922">Litter Mag</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.

I believe that this is an embed fail.

Last edited:

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
they also seem to be running continental tires, although no mention of them. Its probably something to do with Madison the uk shimano/commencal/animal distributor also being the conti one aswell. Think there pretty key to there team.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Damn - just saw the vid. I gotta say Gee definitely sounds like he knows his sh!t when it comes to articulating how he runs his set-up and the types of components he has on his rig. Great spokesperson. Right on!

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Anyone have any seat time on a RC4? I had a 5.0 and switched to a vivid and I could never imagine going back to a DHX now. I always thought the DHX felt like it had a lot of stiction. Just curious how much better the RC4 is?

pillete

Monkey
Mar 25, 2005
I wish they would have gone into a little bit more on how their geometry is different than the stock geometry.
I can't remember what magazine was, but there was an article in which they analyzed Gee's bike very in depth and they mentioned that the main difference from the stock frame was a really slack head angle (something stupid like 63 or 62 degrees) and a BB height of around 14 inches. Bottom line, according to them the bike was not something that the average Joe would be able to ride comfortably.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Anyone have any seat time on a RC4? I had a 5.0 and switched to a vivid and I could never imagine going back to a DHX now. I always thought the DHX felt like it had a lot of stiction. Just curious how much better the RC4 is?

IT better be good for $700...........

It is still a limited shock. IIRC a total of 200 made, not sure if that is aftermarket only or total (OEM + After).

If anyone needs one, I know Fluidride has a couple in stock.

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
and now you need to get a bike to fit it on...

LOL
haha naw... i got that all sorted out thanks to my neighbor's machine shop :)
I didn't pay $700 though...it wasn't that much more than a DHX...not sure if I got a deal from my shop or not... but ya it was nowhere near $700

Last edited:

ronan

Monkey
Dec 7, 2007
Toulouse, France
I can't remember what magazine was, but there was an article in which they analyzed Gee's bike very in depth and they mentioned that the main difference from the stock frame was a really slack head angle (something stupid like 63 or 62 degrees) and a BB height of around 14 inches. Bottom line, according to them the bike was not something that the average Joe would be able to ride comfortably.
it was in dirt mag

but the geometry is different for their 2009 race rig, its a little lower and a litte slacker

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
haha naw... i got that all sorted out thanks to my neighbor's machine shop :)
I didn't pay $700 though...it wasn't that much more than a DHX...not sure if I got a deal from my shop or not... but ya it was nowhere near $700
Only place I have seen them for sale is @ Fluidride, and they want $650
google shows a place in Australia selling them for ~$760 US

Sounds like you got yerself a deal.

djamgils

Monkey
Aug 31, 2007
Holland
The tyres are definitily Continental tyres in the movie and on ronans picture.

These are Continental Der Kaisers. Incredibly soft rubber but doesnt wear fast.

Jonny5

Monkey
Feb 13, 2007
Yeah, thats odd. Do you call them four zeros or some whacky shat?

Pro gear could be interesting, they have a good road range. Hope its not what was in the vid, bar and stem looked way high?

Jonny5

Monkey
Feb 13, 2007
tire ETRTO dimension color weight wire weight foldable rec. inflation, psi max. inflation, psi
Der Kaiser 62-559 26 x 2,5 black/black foldable - 1000g 45 58

Light tyres. Tubeless compatible? I cant see. LOL at the recommended psi. 45!

ronan

Monkey
Dec 7, 2007
Toulouse, France
Read it closer. You can have them e-mail you when/if they get the item in stock..no ETA. THey also show all the new boxxers on their site. They don't have those either.
no they actually had one in stock when i posted the url, it said instock on stock status

maybe someone bought it

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
9.5 x 3's are available right now. They go for $600.

They are the WC edition Gee Atherton valve spec. Only 200 made.

For 2010 there will be more sizes and they will become less expensive.

Krispy

Last edited:

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Hey Kris, have you had a chance to ride the RC4 or have any tech insite as to what is different inside??

Last edited:

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
Not yet man, but the weather is great here. Some trails should be dry by next week.

Didn't have it to try yet at Bootleg.