Quantcast

[video] Lil week end edit... from Utah

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
Just some random footage from a Sunday afternoon riding the trails in Bountiful U-taaaah
It's shaky, the angle is all wrong, the colors are messed up but somehow it still makes me want to ride :D

Enjoy:

http://endorphin.free.fr/video >>> Bountiful.wmv (15Mo, 6min)

(For the connoisseurs: in the order: start of the upper moto trail, 3 rocks, buckland ridge, firing range and wake up call)

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
You da Man (i)! Nice work.

I case anybody wanted to know if the Canfield F1 works, that second sequence is of an actual Canfield on an actual Canfield. That F1 is a sweet bike.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
yo. mani, video is SICK!!! i'm only half way through and anxious for the rest of the download. the music is a sweet accompaniment and the edit is ride-alacious. damn i miss those trails. fast steep loose sketch steep off-camber steep loose fast and fun.

edit: sick! was that stupid $hit, the place where you put the 50 ft cliff marker? insanity! loved it. great work.

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
Originally posted by chromegoddess
edit: sick! was that stupid $hit, the place where you put the 50 ft cliff marker? insanity! loved it. great work.
Haha I'm glad you enjoyed it ..
I see you got to "tour" this trails ;)
Actually the marker is on "firing range" about 50 left yards from "stupid ****" I think.. so yeah it's pretty close!!

flymybike

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
Jackson Hole
Thanks Mani !!!!
You gave me a greatly needed fix!
I'll be there next weekend for my first ride on my new F1! yyyyaaaaahhoooo ... can't wait. I'm putting in my day off right now! Mani - if your around friday, lets go up there.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
That DH course look pretty smooth, are most DH courses in the west allot different than the east coast rock and roots? and hell thats a long run, i usually do 2 runs a day after school, each around 1 min, hehe, but then again i gots to walk up.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by Threepointtwo
You da Man (i)! Nice work.

I case anybody wanted to know if the Canfield F1 works, that second sequence is of an actual Canfield on an actual Canfield. That F1 is a sweet bike.
i called up canfield this afternoon and spoke with chris, and he was all "i think there's some video of me riding the frame [i'm] getting on ridemonkey" :eek: . now that i've seen what abuse he's put it through... :dead: ;)

Chutney

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Tacoma, Wa
Originally posted by Mani_UT
Just some random footage from a Sunday afternoon riding the trails in Bountiful U-taaaah
It's shaky, the angle is all wrong, the colors are messed up but somehow it still makes me want to ride :D

Enjoy:

http://endorphin.free.fr/video >>> Bountiful.wmv (15Mo, 6min)

(For the connoisseurs: in the order: start of the upper moto trail, 3 rocks, buckland ridge, firing range and wake up call)

Sweet Vid! Man i cant wait to get back to my DH bike.

Im gonna be rolling through Utah in the next couple of days, probably through Salt lake and then down to moab.

Any trails (DH or otherwise - preferably DH) that i cant miss?

Thanks,
Jonathan

flymybike

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
Jackson Hole
When you are in SLC, Bountiful is a great place to ride. You'll need someone to show you around or atleast point ya in the right direction. Call Chris Canfield or GO-Ride, they will help ya.
In Moab go hit Daves trail. A little short but a great shuttle, super fun trail.
cheers

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
Originally posted by mack
That DH course look pretty smooth, are most DH courses in the west allot different than the east coast rock and roots? and hell thats a long run, i usually do 2 runs a day after school, each around 1 min, hehe, but then again i gots to walk up.
To have roots, you have to have trees! Not many here in the desert. Nothing like MT. Snow, Snowshoe, or Bromont around here but still very fun trails that tend to be fast and steep.

Chutney

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Tacoma, Wa
Originally posted by flymybike
When you are in SLC, Bountiful is a great place to ride. You'll need someone to show you around or atleast point ya in the right direction. Call Chris Canfield or GO-Ride, they will help ya.
In Moab go hit Daves trail. A little short but a great shuttle, super fun trail.
cheers
Hey,

Thanks a lot! Ill definitely check those out.

Any good tech xc trails i can drag my dad around on?

Thanks,
Jonathan