Quantcast

Video of bike riding

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Alittle hope for those of us currently buried under snow. A short video of myself riding here in Maine last summer. The second half is better than the first. Whatever. Enjoy.

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
What hill is that???? I might drive back through Maine form the Quebec CC's this summer. I live in Nova Scotia so it would be a logical thing to do.
That trail looks quite similar to some of my local runs.

Last edited:

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
The hill is Sunday River in Bethel, Maine. Classic New England singletrack with great natural terrain. The other videos from my vimeo page are all from the same place. The trails aren't everyones thing, but they are for me.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Sweet angles...what's the chance of snagging that boom on a tree? Some sections looked pretty tight.
It's in the back of my mind, but I havent any issues yet. I'm more worried about crashing to be honest. I tend to ride quite a bit more cautious with the boom cam on. Fortunately the angles pretty generous and doesn't exaggerate the slower speeds. The end result is pretty rad, I just need to work on camera angle so you can't see the boom in frame.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
How long of a boom did you use and what is it made out of? I am pretty interested in getting a set up like that after I get a gopro camera. Any details on your set up would be awesome! (photos, materials, etc).

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
To continue with what the other guys said, any pictures/details of the way you mounted the camera to to top of your helmet, and how you mounted the camera to the boom? And was this with the go-pro?

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
Man you've got that trail wired sparkles. That upper part is so much gnarlier than it looks in the vid!

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Man you've got that trail wired sparkles. That upper part is so much gnarlier than it looks in the vid!
For sure! I didn't want to plug the "gnarlier than it looks on video" line though, nobody ever gets it and I hate reading it myself. :P

As for the mount questions. It was made with a 48" wooden dowel, a dh tube for counterweight, and a couple hours of guess and check on the angle and balance point. Its ultimately held in place with duct tape. I don't have pictures or instructions. Just set aside an afternoon and get creative.