AllDayinPA
Vertical Earth Gravity Games #4
" No Work all Play " Dual Slalom and Downhill
September 4th - 5th
Blue Mountain Ski Area
Danielsville, PA 18038
3 hours south of Windham 1 week after

Pre-Registration open @ Bikereg.com​

We are at the half-way point in the Vertical Earth Series with FIVE races left ! Two Dual Slalom, and Three Downhill races, one being the GE Finals ! If you haven't been here yet, you can still qualify in the series and be competitive. We take the top six races for your overall points to determine the series champs at the end of the season. All races are equal value in points.

On the table for the upcoming race weekend is our 2nd Dual Slalom race on our new track this season. With over 20 riders in Cat 2/3 at our first race were super stoked for the upcoming event. All classes will start at 3:00 and compete in a true DS format with timed differentials. Let's keep DS alive in the EAST! This track is sick and will continue to get better each race so if you like DS show up.:D

The Downhill track will be a new course again. Probably Fast and Flowy like all the rest. Sunday the race will start at 12:00. Pro's every race we payout ! With a series Cash Bonus ! All other classes get industry prizes from Kenda, Fox, Profile, X-Fusion, EVS, Hayes, Answer, etc.

Camping is permitted, we supply all the wood and the campfire sites. Race fee's cover your riding for the weekend. DS is Saturday lift ticket only. DH will cover both days. If you race both you receive a discount, as well as, another 10% off if you pre-register.

1.5 hrs from Philly, 2hrs from NYC, 3.5 hrs from Albany, 3hrs from Syracuse.

For Vertical Earth Gravity Games Series info and more www.verticalearthpa.com

Video preview and pics coming soon.....

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2009
AllDayinPA
Quick Reminder:

Camping this Weekend
Downhill and Dual Slalom
Pre-Register and Save a couple bucks !!

Pro's race for Cash / check out the breakdowns on USAC. We pay out over $1000 for each race !!

dagmz6s

Monkey
Jan 12, 2008
Merion, PA
so sad I am going to miss it. I may come up but wont be riding. Seperated AC and a couple fractured ribs. Seeing an orthopedist tomorrow to see if I need surgery on the AC. Not in as much pain as I was in on saturday so that's good. Hopefully I can at least be back on the bike before the season ends.

Course should be great, if you can get there I highly recommend it.

Jul 15, 2009
AllDayinPA
Here's the Schedule for the weekend.....

Course - Formula, Moto,Miles of Smiles, Moto, Lower Grass. Track is real nice totally raked and broomed ! Brought back the old coffin drop too. Nice.

Saturday

9:00 Lifts Open
Registration opens
Practice for DH and DS opens
11:00 Registration for DS Closes
11:30 Practice for DS
12:30 DS Qualifying
1:30 Practice Re-Open for DS
Registration re-opens for DH
2:30 Practice Closes Race Pre-Meeting at the top of the DS track
3:00 DS Race for all classes start
5:00 Lifts Close

Camping

Sunday

9:00 Lifts and Registration opens for DH
10:30 Registration closes for DH
11:00 Practice Closes for DH
12:00 Race Starts for DH
3:30 Awards Ceremony
5:00 Lifts Close

Last edited:

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
sounds rad dan, whats the coffin drop? is it that small rock drop in the woods onto the root section that was in one of the very first races after the berm step down?

if that makes sense say yes.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I wish someone would have mentioned there was no camping tonight. I drove up from Baltimore ready to camp but had to drop 100 bucks on a hotel room. :( oh well, looking forward to new course tomorrow!

first time blue mtn rider here....

the trails there are pretty kickass. just consistent pitch with some steep chutes here and there. hardly any level traverses. i thought the trails were well laid out and maintained.

the race course is fast! a true "downhill" course, plenty of rock gardens, cobbly bits, chutes, and a small drop to keep you on your toes. and the pitch was great. admittedly i was feathering the brakes much of the way down. :rant:
i felt like as soon as you let go, the bike just accelerated. :thumb:

i'm looking forward to the GES finals there.

Jul 15, 2009
AllDayinPA
Fellas there is camping, not sure what the deal is but someone please let me know. I just got home and there was a couple fires blazin when I left. Sorry guys. thx

Tedman

Monkey
Oct 27, 2009
Lebanon, PA
Great race Dan!!! I was a little disappointed in the small turnout but fun nonetheless. It was nice having racing done so early because we were able to get lots of fun runs going.
Can't wait to see t he GES finals track. Give us something extraordinary!!

Jul 15, 2009
AllDayinPA
Series points are posted. There are 3 races left in the VEGG. Everyone should read the rules if interested it only takes 5 races to qualify. :D

http:verticalearthpa.com