Quantcast

Videos (and pics) that don't suck

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia

Maybe its cos I grew up watching the speeder chase in Return of the Jedi but between the drone chase footage in this (6:48) and Steve Peat's Instagram drone chase stuff I'm pretty stoked.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Maybe its cos I grew up watching the speeder chase in Return of the Jedi but between the drone chase footage in this (6:48) and Steve Peat's Instagram drone chase stuff I'm pretty stoked.
And those were "bad" weather days. Imagine those trails on good days, that dirt looks awesome.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
I wonder what the yaw is on that thing?
I guess of no importance. Tony Foale did some experiments with 0/90° HA and cero offset forks on motorcycles, those were perfectly rideable. But I'm too lazy right now on a Friday evening with beer awaiting to think about it any more than if it may help me get another one from the fridge. I guess it won't, so...

vivisectxi

Monkey
Jan 14, 2021
yeast van
And those were "bad" weather days. Imagine those trails on good days, that dirt looks awesome.
i guess we take for granted that a good chunk of the (properly built) trails out here fare really well in the torrential wet. good drainage, high mineral content soil & little clay. we don't really see much mud at all, and grip is surprisingly good in the wet.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
i guess we take for granted that a good chunk of the (properly built) trails out here fare really well in the torrential wet. good drainage, high mineral content soil & little clay. we don't really see much mud at all, and grip is surprisingly good in the wet.
Roots can still get ya, but nothing like a root with a bit of clay mud in it.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Roots can still get ya, but nothing like a root with a bit of clay mud in it.
How about just pure clay? There are some areas here on the Niagara escarpment that are all clay.

Might as well go biking on ice. @mykel knows. :D

Or how about snow on top of those wet clay trails? Case in point:

1:50 for the goods.

Took the day off work to go riding that day. Nothing was going to stop us.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
How about just pure clay? There are some areas here on the Niagara escarpment that are all clay.

how's your clay compare to cackalacka red clay? equally as hrbl?

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada

QFT

30 seconds to 1 minute of rain is all it takes to go from hero traction to broken bits and needing traction.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
One of our riding spots is legitimately just a combination of gravel, rock and sand. Its actually 2-3seconds/minute faster in the rain up until visibility gets bad. When it dries it it gets slipperier.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
12:45 for the goods. That dirt!

Interesting 2020 compiliation from a local guy. 13:40 for some gnurrr from Camp Fortune. Some good MSA stuff after that.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
12:45 for the goods. That dirt!

Interesting 2020 compiliation from a local guy. 13:40 for some gnurrr from Camp Fortune. Some good MSA stuff after that.
cool, nice find! the trail after the drop at 15:55 is where I've killed 80% of my rims and tires. It's rough but nice and flowy. There's some great gaps you can hit, but they are unforgiving if you mess it up/don't have enough speed.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
cool, nice find! the trail after the drop at 15:55 is where I've killed 80% of my rims and tires. It's rough but nice and flowy. There's some great gaps you can hit, but they are unforgiving if you mess it up/don't have enough speed.
actually, that was sick! thanks :cheers: Definitely gets me pumped to ride again! Usually those trails are dry as a bone from late april through to the end of may. I'm itching for it! Cool to see Hairway to Steven... I haven't ridden that since I sold my DH bike... like 8 years ago :(. As usual, gopro effect flattens out how steep it is...