Quantcast

Videos (and pics) that don't suck

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
This doesn't suck...overshot a big double at snow valley today and flat bottomed HARD...This little SOB got it's @$$ handed to it from wheel and body and post pushed type impact...it bounced and went flying...STILL WORKS...cracked ,screen, ripped off mount clamps, chewed up max lense and scratched lense. Lost footage...it asked for a reformat I did and it's still going strong...lol tough little camera...
20220521_192038.jpg
20220521_192059.jpg
20220521_192026.jpg
20220521_192005.jpg

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
The EWS highlights video where it cuts between POV, trackside and drone footage even more so. I thought. Gives more perspective on just how fast he's going and how many lines he's got (intentional or not) over a 15min descent he's probably walked once and ridden maybe a couple of times.

[EDIT] This one, from about 11mins in

Ps. Hill's done now isn't he? :hmm:

Last edited:

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
This is ridiculous.

I watched it yesterday and I was in shock. Quite impressive to be on it like that for such a long track.

I was thinking about the EWS/Discovery thread while watching this. The race coverage currently sucks for the EWS, we all agree...but I find the real gems of the EWS format are these POV videos of the winner (or top 3 riders) for the best stages of the race. It seems they are incorporating more of the POV footage in the Enduro race highlights and I think that is the way to go.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Ps. Hill's done now isn't he? :hmm:
I certainly hope he is not!

To be fair, he missed the previous race (2 weeks before) because he could not travel due to COVID. If he was indeed positive and sick 2 weeks before, just participating to an EWS is quite impressive.

I know the severity of the virus can vary a lot from one person to the other, but I can say it fucked me up for several weeks. A couple of weeks after I was negative, I still needed a nap after an hour of mellow gardening...and I continued coughing for about 6 weeks.

I sincerely he will rebound back and get great results. Realistically, reaching the level of Melamed, Moir and Rude may be very difficult, but I'd love seeing him being back in the mix with some top 5 results.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I watched it yesterday and I was in shock. Quite impressive to be on it like that for such a long track.
Yeah thats no hold barred pace for 13 minutes after one practice sighting lap. Its mental. Both the stamina of the guy and the ability to remember the turns and twists and line choices for so long.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
I know the severity of the virus can vary a lot from one person to the other, but I can say it fucked me up for several weeks. A couple of weeks after I was negative, I still needed a nap after an hour of mellow gardening...and I continued coughing for about 6 weeks.
Same here. Not too keen on knowing how it could have gone without the three vaxes.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
First time for me was near the beginning of the outbreak over 2yrs ago now and was quite brutal/scary. Last time jwas ust a couple of months back was pretty mild.
Not vaccinated at all.

Me speculating over Hill being done has nothing to do with covid. He didn't have it last year. Did he?

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
First time for me was near the beginning of the outbreak over 2yrs ago now and was quite brutal/scary. Last time jwas ust a couple of months back was pretty mild.
Not vaccinated at all.

Me speculating over Hill being done has nothing to do with covid. He didn't have it last year. Did he?
You suffered from fever, heavy coughing, loss of smell and taste didn't you?

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
People's COVID experience is so variable depending on what variant they got, vaccination status, and how bad the exposure was. I just recovered from it a couple weeks ago (vaccinated & boosted), and it was like a strong cold that lingered a bit longer. I was doing full length MTB rides 8 days after testing positive with no cardio/breathing issues. Only lingering effect is a little bit of brain fog / spaciness but honestly that could be normal for me.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
You suffered from fever, heavy coughing, loss of smell and taste didn't you?
No coughing. But difficulty breathing and shortness of breath the first time.
Far milder symptoms the next.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
He does fuck up at one point almost coming to a compete stop
In my race runs I allow for that to happen every 30-45 seconds.

Yeah last year he looked really out of it, almost over the whole racing scene. I guess a year off being a dad and spending time with the family got him a out of the race routine. You wouldn't blame him for not wanting to go back to the BS of professional racing for another year.

This year though he looks a lot sharper and hungry for results again. COVID/asthma complications aside, he managed a 13th on the first stage which is still relevant although far from his old form. Will be interesting to see how he goes in the race this coming weekend, but I do feel that catching the top 5 guys now is gonna be a big ask. There's no way I'd put money on him NOT being able to do it though.