Quantcast

Videos (and pics) that don't suck

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Wee bit different to the usual vids here but well worth a watch...
I'm the same age as these old boys and was also obsessed with riding BMX before the distraction of girls n booze but can't imagine living the life these boys lived in Belfast just a couple of hours ferry journey from Scotland
Bikes fucking rule!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Go Pro has a mini series thing on Jackson going on. Its pretty good so far.

His riding is so interesting to watch. That POV of gapping onto the wall ride at Leogang...

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Some of this is now above my paygrade, (and a couple that have always been above) but damn, I absolutely love how they use the natural terrain. On the list for the next QC trip. Wish they all had b-lines so I could play on the stuff still within my wheelhouse.

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
Some of this is now above my paygrade, (and a couple that have always been above) but damn, I absolutely love how they use the natural terrain. On the list for the next QC trip. Wish they all had b-lines so I could play on the stuff still within my wheelhouse.

Looks insanely fun. Rode there a few years ago and that trail wasn’t there yet. Read in the comments on Pinkbike that the town is trying to shut the whole riding area down. Empire 47. Any locals have any info?

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Looks insanely fun. Rode there a few years ago and that trail wasn’t there yet. Read in the comments on Pinkbike that the town is trying to shut the whole riding area down. Empire 47. Any locals have any info?
I doubt it will shut down, but I don't have real insider info and details didn't filter out that much, afaik.

Some of the Lac Delage people don't seem to really enjoy having hundreds of people with bikes driving in front of their house, so there may be some Karen action going on behind the scenes. On the other hand, it seems the city asked for a few things to be addressed a couple of years ago and they claim the trail center didn't do anything about it. If that's the case and the demands were legitimate, that kind of sucks from E47.

One thing is for sure: This place is a gem and it seems to me there is more positive for everybody with it open rather than closed. I am sure they will find a common ground if both parties can be reasonable.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
More Metailler goodness...this time from SDM. These trails are very special and he seemed to enjoy them quite a lot, unsurprisingly.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
More Metailler goodness...this time from SDM. These trails are very special and he seemed to enjoy them quite a lot, unsurprisingly.

Not gonna lie, I butt puckered when they hit some of that wet wood. The rest is easy :busted: Wet wood and I do not get along.

Surprised how they rode the end of Slab City. I would have thought they'd take the optional stuff..

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Looks like Triscombe in the Quantocks (South of England) . My local for a few years 20+ years back.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Looks like Triscombe in the Quantocks (South of England) . My local for a few years 20+ years back.
There's so many random downhill offshoots in those woods. My parents are nearby so I do visit, but I'm not on a bike that wants to hit them :D

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia

Really liked this vid, both the riding and the editing.

The bit at 4:05 where he sorta tables backwards towards the take off is dope, not sure if thats optical illusion or whatever but its sick.

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
I did the previous weekend too (in the wet also) and I was nowhere near as fast or graceful either haha

edit : I have to say that the crew at Sentiers du Moulin do an awesome job building those trails. The trails on that summit (Maelstrom) are particularly well thought out. Slab city is quite a feat just for the fact that you never quit the bedrock for like 1.1km and the trail has great flow. It's one thing to build a trail with good flow in the forest, but one needs to know the area extremely well and have surveyed it quite a few times to find lines that flow well and stay on the rock for that long. Nice trail building challenge.

For visitors outside of the province and/or the country, it's worth a visit to the Quebec city area if you're looking for rocky trails and challenging features. Plus you'll probably ever have as bad weather as what we just experienced haha!

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Mostly because of my procrastination on getting flights secured.

But then it "worked out" because her dad passed away and if we actually *had* booked tickets we likely would have cancelled the whole thing anyways.

Goddam shitshow... :(
$3k each just for the flights to Yurp for the trip I want to book for wife and I next year...That's not even just the normal family visit we do either, which was a silly amount this year.