Videos (and pics) that don't suck

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world

Bike078

Monkey
Jan 11, 2018
Not mtb but we do ride our bikes there. That finish line step down at 1:40 was built by my friends who race dh. I feebly nosed off that jump on my trail bike. Once.

Last edited:

shelteringsky

Monkey
May 21, 2010
Can you do crankflips?
Nope. Call me a purist, but some things just look wrong on a mountain bike. Crank flips are one of those things. Don't really like heel-clickers or no hander landers either. Heaven forbid.

Do you have something against having a bit of fun whilst riding your foot cycle in the dirt?
Are you so serious that you are missing the point?
I get that Ratboy is about the partyvibez these days and hey, it certainly looks like he's having fun. But doing the false hippie thing and wearing tie-dye shirts, screaming 'yeah boi' repeatedly and doing BMX/ironic tricks on a mountain bike is not really my thing. YMMV.

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Nope. Call me a purist, but some things just look wrong on a mountain bike. Crank flips are one of those things. Don't really like heel-clickers or no hander landers either. Heaven forbid.
They're not a massively difficult trick to learn. Start off with them on the flat and work up to a bunnyhop crankflip. then take them to a dirt jump. once you have that. try one in the middle of a race run on an unknown jump at speed.
Then complain. otherwise probably best to STFU

shelteringsky

Monkey
May 21, 2010
They're not a massively difficult trick to learn. Start off with them on the flat and work up to a bunnyhop crankflip. then take them to a dirt jump. once you have that. try one in the middle of a race run on an unknown jump at speed.
Then complain. otherwise probably best to STFU
Nawww, Gary. It's almost like you believe that you're only allowed to criticise things you are proficient in... what are you, like 10 years old? How's your e-bike making skillz?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Criticise what you like but be aware. Criticism of a skill you're incapable of performing in a sport you partake in makes you look a bit of a dick.

Loki87

Monkey
Aug 24, 2008
Salzburg, Austria
a bit long, but effin crazy! funny that Olly went as high as Brendan, and faster too.
For me, seeing a rider of Brendans calibre obviously being scared as hell made the whole thing that much better because it just showed how crazy the whole thing was and even the length of the vid didn´t bother me at all since they were pushing each other so hard. Was a real nail biter till the end really.

I kinda wanna try this myself now. Looks like a fun way to drastically improve your cornering while having a blast with friends.

shelteringsky

Monkey
May 21, 2010
Criticise what you like but be aware. Criticism of a skill you're incapable of performing in a sport you partake in makes you look a bit of a dick.
Lololol. Ohh, Gary. So according to your 'logic', I'm only allowed to criticise those riders who don't ride as well as me? Or if I leave the sport of mountain biking, then I can be critical of all mountain bikers? Can you see how retarded this point of view is? Or are you just substituting being cantankerous for reasonable argument?