Videos (and pics) that don't suck

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Watched the old film Arrival yesterday for the first time in ages. The Whistler riding scenes are fun to watch.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
Not his best video by any length but I'm so glad this guy is fit again to entertain at WC level for 2018.

I'm glad there are some racers out there still acting as responsible as some people in the 00's racing scene over here. Not that I know any of them.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I'm glad there are some racers out there still acting as responsible as some people in the 00's racing scene over here. Not that I know any of them.
He is doing a significant amount of physical therapy and working hard to recover.

Not sure the 00's guys did things like that. Didn't Barel just say "fuckit" and ride with a broken ankle for world champs? I can't imagine Peaty and Rennie giving much dedication to physical therapy either.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
That last gap...never seen it from that angle.

Makes me want to ride the DH bike and get some new trail going...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
That last gap...never seen it from that angle.

Makes me want to ride the DH bike and get some new trail going...
not arguing... but I seem to remember seeing it before. Either Kenny Smith, Métailler, or possibly even Kovarik. They were going around describing what it was like scoping out the lines, and then figuring out how to hit them... is that ringing any bells?

chris_f

Monkey
Jun 20, 2007
That was pretty sweet. Ed Masters is one of the more entertaining characters we have in this sport.

Loki87

Monkey
Aug 24, 2008
Salzburg, Austria
Was looking forward to new stuff by Rankin but seems like he peaked with the Earthed series. :(
I dunno, i really like the 50/01 guys, but their videos...not a fan.
Too much bro shenanigans for my taste.
I stopped watching this one after they had been blowing sugar up each others asses for what felt like 2 hours. Way too much talking with the occasional short riding sequence in between. All this hippie community, vegan flair didn´t help things either. Good on them they´re having fun out there riding their bikes, but gimme some actual bike action to look at damnit! Old school Kovarik style, hammering some rocks while Slayer is blasting in the background and a few wheels getting exploded in the process!

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Not the greatest pump-up video but cool sections.

TDS Enduro looks like a fun event, pity about the difficulty getting an entry. Defs a full-face and proper protection kind of terrain race as well.

So much wasted beer in that whip section too. Just plain wrong.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Not the greatest pump-up video but cool sections.

TDS Enduro looks like a fun event, pity about the difficulty getting an entry. Defs a full-face and proper protection kind of terrain race as well.

So much wasted beer in that whip section too. Just plain wrong.
where was that? San Fran area on Weir's private riding area? There seems to be some proper gnar on that. I've just got spousal approval and work approval to take a week off end of sept/1st week of oct to head to Oregon to ride. Would like to ride more than just flow trails...

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
where was that? San Fran area on Weir's private riding area? There seems to be some proper gnar on that. I've just got spousal approval and work approval to take a week off end of sept/1st week of oct to head to Oregon to ride. Would like to ride more than just flow trails...
Thats up near Grass Valley, ~2 hours from San Francisco.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Watched Gamble last night. Do it.... do it now...

Pretty much like a feature length version of those frustrating clips you see that make you wonder how the fuck someone can do that on a bike.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
That movie made for a fun lunch break indeed. Could be a bit longer though. A train of all the players would have been nice.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Yeah I wish they had a few group segments with people riding together. And something in the mud—too much dust slashing.

Just rewatched most of it and realized how bad ass Fearon’s riding was. Damn.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
Yeah I wish they had a few group segments with people riding together. And something in the mud—too much dust slashing.

Just rewatched most of it and realized how bad ass Fearon’s riding was. Damn.
Agreed. Fearon's run is crazy fast and it's like his upper body doesn't move at all all the time.

KAZHA

Chimp
Feb 20, 2015
Flat AF
Rewatched GAMBLE.
Definitely better than deathgrip.
Peatys section was crazy,old dog still has skillz,so does GM and Finn was on fire,
BUT
Atwill and Boney M was pure gold