Quantcast

Videos (and pics) that don't suck

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
13th was 37 seconds back.
This year though he looks a lot sharper and hungry for results again.
From what though? Social media? Or have you seen him out and about?
If the former. They played that game in the run up to his last poor season performance too.
I genuinely hoped he'd have been back destroying then but honestly don't have a lot of faith in that ever happening again now. (I'd absolutely love to be proven wrong though) Like you said. With family life, age and almost a years break from racing he isn't going to be the ideal position to keep a dwindling pro mtb racer at the sharp end of the results. He's had an amazing career tho.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
From what though? Social media? Or have you seen him out and about?
Nah he's like 4500km from here haha. Just from his Aussie race results in the lead up to the season. He's not really super active on social media like Moir is.

Be good to see him back at the pointy end again, even if only to give hope to other older flat pedal aussie nukeproof riders...

His section in the new Tea & Biscuits was good to watch. His completely nonchalant approach to his wheels tracking on two completely different paths is waaaay cooler than action movie stars not looking back at explosions

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
When exactly did Enduro drop it's "gravity" staus?
and moar importantly who the fuck can we berrate as responsible for it?

It's always been fairly obvious to me that a lot of the ideas Chris took onboard when coming up with the EWS actually came from the locally run race scene around here (Innerleithen) and took them globally on a huge scale.
Those early enduro races I'm talking about often had stages with a bit of pedalling in and the odd flat fireroad or short uphill sections to link up more than one descent (usually quite technical) to make the stages longer but they were still all predominantly downhill.
I get that fitness and pacing is part of it but OMG WTF is that stage above?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
If we're still speculating on Sam's form/excuses. He mentions him and Kelan also ate dodgy calamari in Petzen here:
13mins ish

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
If we're still speculating on Sam's form/excuses. He mentions him and Kelan also ate dodgy calamari in Petzen here:
13mins ish
Kalamary are meant to be eaten beside the sea and nowhere else.
Too many bad expiriences with that. :dead:
Also, I would let go pretty much any seafood before a heavy day like an EWS race.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Seafood is for sure nicer the fresher it is but it's perfectly safe to be eaten anywhere so long as it has been stored, prepared and cooked properly.
#foodhygiene101

Bike078

Monkey
Jan 11, 2018

The kids from our little mtb team playing around. I'm not very familiar with Instagram so I was surprised when the reel got about 5k and 1k views on Insta and Facebook respectively which is a lot for our small Instagram page.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Man this is like ASMR or something. Super cool
That was awesome. And straight to the point...
Gee Milner bike build videos and the like are like watching paint dry... which clearly should always be viewed as stop motion ;)

I'm not sure I understand what ASMR is. Endorphine euphoria?

Last edited:

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria

There is a lot of slomo in this but done in a good way I think. And Bryn ripping is always nice to watch.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Damn, those kids are the definition of Park Rats, eh? Awesome riding and flying/filming.
Yeah they are but then again they are faster than me in the janky tech too so I don’t know. Yannick Baechelor is the current Swiss DH national champ and Candice Tupin is Vinny T’s little sister. They all live and breath bikes all year and the bike park is only open for 3 months. I love being able to support all these rippers with my job. Passionate bike people!