Quantcast

Videos (and pics) that don't suck

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Nah.. you're simply so rulebound it's retarded. Look at your fear of ebikes as an example

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Hate usually stems from fear, insecurity, or mistrust.
often ALL 3
No, I hate carrots cause they are a vegetable...I don't worry about it getting me, backstabbing me or telling me lies...I just simply hate em cause they suck!
My kids cause.me grief bs me and try and scare the hell out of me and I don't hate them. Just go American and throw horsepower in the form of a pimp slap...braaap!

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Let's be honest. Craig'd kick all of our arses doing pretty much anything on a bike.

Carrots are nothing to be scared of either. infact they're rather nutritionally beneficial to us if a little bland in the flavour department. Certainly not worth having a rant about.

As for kids. I blame the parents. ;).

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Let's be honest. Craig'd kick all of our arses doing pretty much anything on a bike.

Carrots are nothing to be scared of either. infact they're rather nutritionally beneficial to us if a little bland in the flavour department. Certainly not worth having a rant about.

As for kids. I blame the parents. ;).
I blame people who support hair drifting..flip to the left, flip to the right...and carot lovers...

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Compensating sounds like an awful lot of effort .

*flicks full head of hair* with little to no idea what most of what you typed even means

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Compensating sounds like an awful lot of effort .

^flicks full head of hair*
Lol it's always the tight Jeaned guys that say that, be looking like a albino from twilight...I don't compensate for shit lol and I'm not small anywhere just blessed with good genetics...

What cracks me up is dudes with bling cars, I get out and I'm still cool as hell..they get out there goes there game...

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I haven't ever worn tight jeans and certainly not going to start at 52yrs old. No car I've ever owned has been worth more than a decent bicycle and I've never seen Twilight.

Still have no real idea what you're going on about or why a middle aged dad would be comparing "game" with other motorists.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
surely it must be time someone posted another biking video that doesn't suck?

This is next level slopestyle. Usually not my cup of beer but really enjoyed this. Poor Sam P heading into comps again this year, as much as I love his spirit and energy.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
After watching this I stand by my opinion that Finn's POV in CH last year in this thread was sped up. Loic is riding on a purpose built trail which naturally allows for higher speeds than a steep and very narrow walking trail.
Don't know which video that is, but it could also be camera related. Anything shot with a 360/180 lens tends to look like it's been sped up since the image winds up stretching more and more the further it gets from the center.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
After watching this I stand by my opinion that Finn's POV in CH last year in this thread was sped up. Loic is riding on a purpose built trail which naturally allows for higher speeds than a steep and very narrow walking trail.
Got a link to that one? I thought that for sure watching Brosnan's helmet cam from Andorra a couple years ago, but the timestamps match his race time. It was just the weird fisheye sorta lens that GoPro setting uses.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
Got a link to that one? I thought that for sure watching Brosnan's helmet cam from Andorra a couple years ago, but the timestamps match his race time. It was just the weird fisheye sorta lens that GoPro setting uses.

This one:

I just watched it with the sides of my 24" screen covered with sheets, looks a bit more natural but the movements sometimes are so hectic which makes them look unnatural, at least for me and my brain, esp. in the part after the tarmac part in the middle of the vid.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
This one:

I just watched it with the sides of my 24" screen covered with sheets, looks a bit more natural but the movements sometimes are so hectic which makes them look unnatural, at least for me and my brain, esp. in the part after the tarmac part in the middle of the vid.
I wonder if the strobing effect from all those tree shadows makes that sped up effect well? Cool vid though, trails look sick. Fucks me what trails look like at WC winner speeds. I don't even know what they look like at State level Masters 40+ class winner speeds.

I reckon I'm more inclined to believe weekend warriors and Instagram heroes would speed up or manipulate footage if anyone was gonna do for Make Believe Internet Dick Size Points.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
I wonder if the strobing effect from all those tree shadows makes that sped up effect well? Cool vid though, trails look sick. Fucks me what trails look like at WC winner speeds. I don't even know what they look like at State level Masters 40+ class winner speeds.

I reckon I'm more inclined to believe weekend warriors and Instagram heroes would speed up or manipulate footage if anyone was gonna do for Make Believe Internet Dick Size Points.
Yeah, guess you're right on all of it. The Superbruni vid just doesn't have this effect for me at least though. That's what puzzles me a bit.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
This one:

The stabilization on that video is frenetic, lots of constant reframing which is probably what's making it seem like it's sped up.