Quantcast

Videos from trails Santa Cruz California (ongoing thread)

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Decided to create a thread where I can put my ride videos on here for you all. I will dump new videos on here whenever I make them instead of creating new thread or having them get lost in another thread. Enjoy my latest videos from the last 2 weeks.

This video, we had some (much needed) rain a week ago so I got out to enjoy the perfect dirt:

Took my 6 year old down an advanced trail on the local network for the first time, he killed it. The commentary from him is great:

This one was from Tuesday this week. A friend and I were supposed to meet at the top of the trailhead and I thought he was a no show - but we ended up meeting up by chance on my first run down on 2 different trails. This was a fun one at the pace we were going.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Great videos! I'm riding Demo tomorrow morning and after thinking of shooting over to Monterey & checking out Sea Otter. If not, then lunch in Los Gatos after the ride. One way or another there will be food & beer involved!

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Who doesn't like shuttling with friends? Last week got a few runs in and it was a blast. The jump at 1:40 is about 20ft. GoPro really makes it look small.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Who doesn't like shuttling with friends? Last week got a few runs in and it was a blast. The jump at 1:40 is about 20ft. GoPro really makes it look small.

Nice Brother,video look’s good. Night Riding tome,is just like Scuba Diving at night. It is a Scary World just out of sight. You can’t see SHIT when in the Ocean at night. Even if you had the best light’s,you can’t see 360?

I like to run Flood on the Bar,Spot on the Helment. I am Cranking as much Light as possible.
Avy

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
The other day I did 4 laps on the local trails in Santa Cruz CA. It was 16.25 miles and over 3k feet in climbing. Here are 2 of the 4 trails I did down. Enjoy!

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Found a coworker who can ride a bike, went for a ride with him the other day and didn't kill him.

Riding in the mid 80's temp is brutal with over 2100ft of climbing. But the descents are always good.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Things got slightly too spicy on my first trail choice. Should save that one for when it’s not bone dry on the trails haha enjoy my struggle trying to get back on my bike, immediately going over the bars, then back to the fun lol

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
I’m on vacation this week. So in the words of the great DJ Kahled- another one.
Hey Brother,quick question. Have you seen Bernard Kerr’s video’s? I ask for this reason.

When I watch you’re video’s at the start they are blurry,not crisp if you will. Then right away they become Crisp and Clear. Don’t know why? With Bernard’s video’s they seem tobe Stuck in blurry mode? Is it the speed he is going? The wrong setting? I don’t know,but would love to hear you’re thoughts.

Avy

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Hey Brother,quick question. Have you seen Bernard Kerr’s video’s? I ask for this reason.

When I watch you’re video’s at the start they are blurry,not crisp if you will. Then right away they become Crisp and Clear. Don’t know why? With Bernard’s video’s they seem tobe Stuck in blurry mode? Is it the speed he is going? The wrong setting? I don’t know,but would love to hear you’re thoughts.

Avy

That sounds like its initially loading the videos in a lower resolution in whatever you are view it in (web browser, YouTube app, etc). Maybe he is uploading his in a lower resolution? I upload all of my videos in 4k.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
More content! I went to Mammoth Lakes CA with my family and friends for our annual camping / riding week. Here are the results:

2 trails:

Compilation of all the fun from that week - lots of laughs:

And yes, one of the days was our business day. I was wearing nice slacks, button up, and tie.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Ride on some of the local trails with my wife. She has made some serious improvements on her riding the last year+. Only took me 13 years to get her riding, now she's into it. Started with a Turbo Levo, now she's on a regular ole pedal bike and hasn't touched her e-bike in like 8+ months.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Ride in the hood - 9/11/22 - this is an old trail that was revived after a massive fire in my area back in 2020. First time riding it in 10 years. Last time I rode it I did a review for the carbon Leatt brace for VitalMTB. Good times