Quantcast

Videos (and pics) that don't suck

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Boy can flick that little bike around for sure.
Dunno if they're still around but some of the old vids of local riding he made when he was a just a kid were pretty sick too.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Ripping some turns mate
TL;DW: "they both do different things bettah!"

(sounds like he likes the Assegai better for the front: more grip, and they "communicate" their limits better - as in they'll let you know gradually as you approach their limits. But he likes the stiffer casing of the conti's better on the rear, they hold their lines better and won't step out in the chatter...

How this translates to average joe riders is the big question. but at least if gives me something to pay attention to and think about as I'm riding)

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I think this was posted before
but the part where one of the kids says Jordie Lunn's part is the sketchiest is what made the whole video for me... truer words were never spoken!

Make you feel young again
In perhaps 1971 I mounted two large model aircraft engines on the steel drop handlebars of my Raleigh three speed commuter and, with assistance starting engines by an engineer from GE who got his tie entangled in one of the propellors, went home from the MIT Instrumentation Laboratories. It was the only time riding through Central Square in Cambridge that all automotive traffic deferred to me.

Bike078

Monkey
Jan 11, 2018

Friend of mine has a small team I help out with (WCNB on insta). National DH series is back for 2024 and for our 11 year old it was her first plane ride, first trip to the national capital region and she did pretty well. The girls, 11 and 14, have to race the Women's Open cat because the women's field is still small and growing but they've been riding since they were toddlers so they're okay.