Quantcast

Videos (and pics) that don't suck

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
most of this sucks, especially the parts with gwin talking and being gwin, but holy shit, from like 2:50 - 5:00 the riding is absolutely nuts. and it's from 2013.
Yeah that is some good riding.

But wow, second line into the movie. The new Lord Bummer?

He also mentions that he basically doesn't travel anywhere to ride and just rides the same few trails at home. Could this potentially be why he has stalled lately? I think we all know that once you ride your local trails enough, you can basically do it with your eyes closed and it can be hard to progress any further with skill, confidence etc.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
My digital copy of Follow Me got corrupted :(

But I think this is one of my favourite riding segments in any MTB film

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I quoted this very scene on my last ride on Tuesday night... went waaaaay over everyone's head. they know not what they are missing.
Wife and I didn't ride those tracks on our NZ riding trip in 2014, I still wish we had :(

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The vibe of that video reminds me of my all-time favourite MTB video: North Shore Extreme 4.

I'm not sure what it is, but there was something goofy, fun and amazing about that video. And I liked the soundtrack too.

Reminds me of some of these... There are some great gems hidden in PB...

:54

and of course the greatest one....

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

Man, fvck you!

I have a lot of work to do right now and you're not helping!!!!

:D
:thumb:
:cheers:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i watched a funny as hell vid of louis buchanan and a buddy riding a trail blind (with tape over their goggles) last night but he pulled it today. >sadz<

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

@Gary given my geography failings, is this in your hood? Looks legit.
This is our local steep one, not super tech at the steepest parts (but there is tech), but sustained over 40% grade is pretty crazy if you've tried it. With good brakes, it's manageable on the tundra, which is super grippy, but that's the key, the brakes, if they don't work, you're screwed.

I rode Private Reserve in Flag a few months ago, it's amazing what erosion has done to the trail. What was manageable before without a full DH bike is now super sketch for me. I could ride most of it, but it required dismounts and scoping and getting back on it, all at 30-40+% grade. It's just super steep. I remember Soaring Eagle being even steeper, but fun and you didn't worry about the terrain. I got some other vids of Hope where I show the 40+% tundra. Can't wait to try next year with my 220mm front rotor.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
but sustained over 40% grade is pretty crazy if you've tried it
I don't wanna derail this thread, but I keep hearing about grade and had to google what the fuck it means. Having just read the Wiki article on it, grade is the Fahrenheit of angle measurement.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I don't wanna derail this thread, but I keep hearing about grade and had to google what the fuck it means. Having just read the Wiki article on it, grade is the Fahrenheit of angle measurement.
Pretty much. Should have used mils.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK

@Gary given my geography failings, is this in your hood? Looks legit.
Yeah. That's on a very popular hill about 35mins drive from my house.
Tons of good hand built trails all over that area. All legit. not that I'm actually sure what "legit" means TBH. ;)
A good mate of mine rides with Lewis a lot and another is his mechanic so I occasionally tag along on group rides but being pretty much alergic to early mornings and coffee shops it's getting pretty rare I turn up.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

one more classic.

still would love to know the details behind that...riders, location (exit 90-something in washington?)...

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Bad ass to hit a line that fast with those consequences, even the drone wiped out on the lip 2 minutes in.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia

Bit of a weird one this. A little bit over polished\corporate\gimmicky, but deadset the landscapes alone make it worth a watch.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Gee, but this is rad AF.
Gee's always been RadAF
The hate Gee gets on here has always made me laugh.
Him and Dan might both have resting bitch face but they're both really sound IRL.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Gee's always been RadAF
The hate Gee gets on here has always made me laugh.
Him and Dan might both have resting bitch face but they're both really sound IRL.
I think most of the "hate" is tongue in cheek, and just busting on his tacturin expression.
Nobody is going to debate either brothers ability or impact on the sport.

My 2 cents anyway.