Quantcast

Videos (and pics) that don't suck

Loki87

Monkey
Aug 24, 2008
Salzburg, Austria
Was planning on a Schöckl weekend in recent weeks actually, but Fahrrad-Fahrwerk.de can´t get my Vivid ready since 8 weeks now :rant:, so we´ll see when it´ll finally happen. That track looks so good though.
Now that Schladming is closed for the season, i might have to actually go there to ride a proper track :dance:
I know what you mean with the old tracks. Nowadays they´re all packed dirt and perfect berms/jumps. The ones in the video are proper rowdy and have so many interesting features in them.

Loki87

Monkey
Aug 24, 2008
Salzburg, Austria
Can still be fairly rowdy
Meh.
Rowdy, yeah, if you're the type of rider with the skill level to send massive booters (possibly to flat every now and then). I'm bored out of my mind by the massive wave of yearly Queenstown shredits though.
And around here it's become an epidemic where it's now hard to find a track where you actually encounter the occasional root, off camber corner or spot of soft dirt.
That's why i find those french tracks really refreshing.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Meh.
Rowdy, yeah, if you're the type of rider with the skill level to send massive booters (possibly to flat every now and then). I'm bored out of my mind by the massive wave of yearly Queenstown shredits though.
And around here it's become an epidemic where it's now hard to find a track where you actually encounter the occasional root, off camber corner or spot of soft dirt.
That's why i find those french tracks really refreshing.
I'm in Scotland bro.

The exact opposite is true here..

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Seriously? What happened to all the rough and rugged hiking trails in Austria? Do they all get dumbed down?

Loki87

Monkey
Aug 24, 2008
Salzburg, Austria
Seriously? What happened to all the rough and rugged hiking trails in Austria? Do they all get dumbed down?
Riding hiking trails is just asking for trouble really.
Especially if you ride them fast.
I was referring to bikepark/downhill tracks though. Most parks are not only getting dumbed down, but they also compact the ground everywhere.
Of course there are still exceptions. Maybe Leogangs new trails will set a positive example for the rest, as they seem to be the ones leading the charge at the moment.
I´m also just frustrated Schladming is closed for this season and i have to ride at Leogang instead :bonk:

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Snapped my pinky so i'm stuck in a cast drinking beer and watching youtube to pass time. This is another solidly stupid effort from Vanzacs, Love it.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
Snapped my pinky so i'm stuck in a cast drinking beer and watching youtube to pass time. This is another solidly stupid effort from Vanzacs, Love it.

That's old news isn't? Nonetheless good stuff though. And quite the day opener, a good friend has his 45th BDay today and there will be riding all afternoon, BBQ and Beer! :headbang:

Last edited:

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
That's old news isn't? Nonetheless good stuff though. And quite the day opener, a good friend has his 45th BDay today and there will be riding all afternoon, BBQ and Beer! :headbang:
Yep old video, probably already posted here but rowdy and fun. Basically a fuckton better video than the wanky shreddits and slow mo rainy goggle donning that i keep seeing. MTB is way better when it is taken as seriously as the Vanzacs do.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i think i’ve asked before but i’ll ask again, as i think the earlier thread was deleted...at one point there was a kind of documentary, maybe 10-12 years ago, about two brothers who were digging and sending it big back in the height of freeride days...maybe one died? @kidwoo @WestCoastHucker , etc., anyone remember what i’m talking about?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
i think i’ve asked before but i’ll ask again, as i think the earlier thread was deleted...at one point there was a kind of documentary, maybe 10-12 years ago, about two brothers who were digging and sending it big back in the height of freeride days...maybe one died? @kidwoo @WestCoastHucker , etc., anyone remember what i’m talking about?
if we're thinking about the same, that's what I referred to when I said it reminded me of the STINC.

https://www.pinkbike.com/video/14844/

edit: I don't know about anyone dying. Also there was that video about the crew who built all the trails on Teton Pass. (freedom riders something or other)