Quantcast

Videos (and pics) that don't suck

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
I'd say nearly every clip is on trails and features that normal people ride, there's really only a couple of one-hit special features in the whole thing. It's obviously all being done at insane speeds and as a result none of the gaps are things that normal people riding the trail look at and say 'I could jump all of that!'

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
I've ridden a bunch of those trails and the video just doesn't do the consequences of a mistake justice. That's friggen mental doing them at that speed. Boy is wild.
I rode most of those trails a year or two ago, and the craziest part about that video is his braking control. Slowing down that hard on some of those steep-ass slabs is insane to me, you basically have to land a massive huck with your brakes already nearly at the point of locking up. Hayes should quit all of their other marketing schemes for the Dominion brakes and just start embedding that video in all of their ads.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I rode most of those trails a year or two ago, and the craziest part about that video is his braking control. Slowing down that hard on some of those steep-ass slabs is insane to me, you basically have to land a massive huck with your brakes already nearly at the point of locking up. Hayes should quit all of their other marketing schemes for the Dominion brakes and just start embedding that video in all of their ads.
Noticed this as well. The control on those steeps was amazing. Including the last shot where he stops at the photographer. Surely he was using whatever amazing dh rubber and inserts that are out there too.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
Noticed this as well. The control on those steeps was amazing. Including the last shot where he stops at the photographer. Surely he was using whatever amazing dh rubber and inserts that are out there too.
I think it's just unnatural talent. Yoann Barelli is another dude with crazy control, and he rides for Hutchinson...Gouranga on Pythons, anyone?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
We are famous! 11 seconds, our trail "Eh-Line":

Me during race at same spot:

106750342_10101933206086802_8675134968683413454_n.jpg

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
MOAR DH from SCOOOOOTLAND

If you enjoyed this you should definitely watch Lewis' next episode... you might be surprised ;)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Bearrrr with me here a second. Jesse is a top notch rider and sends it down here. Seeing other pictures and videos of how steep this really is, its really something to behold... video also shows how those guys are capable of just going balls out for 12 minutes straight.

Then you have this nutter who just SENDS it off the top.... :panic: :rofl:
Dont see any evidence that he's actually still alive and made it to the bottom (rubber side up).

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Bearrrr with me here a second. Jesse is a top notch rider and sends it down here. Seeing other pictures and videos of how steep this really is, its really something to behold... video also shows how those guys are capable of just going balls out for 12 minutes straight.
That trail is still giving me PTSD. Full props to those guys. Especially considering it took my slow ass nearly 19 minutes to get down.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
@toodles - 19 mins to get down that is still pretty baller. that was a cool vid. always wanted to get to golden and ride that.
I'd like to do it again on an Enduro bike as I feel like I'd be a bit quicker, but still nowhere near that level. Dead Dog was genuinely one of the scariest sections I've ridden. You can't stop even if you wanted to.

Bike078

Monkey
Jan 11, 2018
That trail is still giving me PTSD. Full props to those guys. Especially considering it took my slow ass nearly 19 minutes to get down.
There's a video of Nate Hills and friends going pretty slow down the start of that track and he's normally fast so you're in good company.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
There's a video of Nate Hills and friends going pretty slow down the start of that track and he's normally fast so you're in good company.

Those boys all did the Trans BC and Trans NZ with me as well. Nate actually won the Trans NZ last time I did it, he's proper quick.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
this was ok up until 4:46-ish when local guy (nate st. clair, who made us nat'l amateur team last two years before injury) ate it at speed. he's pretty banged up but nothing major.

winning run vids on vital are fun to watch too.