Quantcast

Videos (and pics) that don't suck

shelteringsky

Monkey
May 21, 2010
Bernard Kerr and gang at Dyfi bike park does not suck. Any monkeys ridden here? Aside from the seemingly ever present shite weather, the place looks amazing.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
We used to this in the winter as well. Our rules included that you needed one of those orange flags on a stick on the bike (#TeamPuky). Additionally we had a vintage commuter bike class (#SchwanenhalsRulez). Surprising how sturdy these little and old bikes are.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Does anyone have a link or remember the mass start bike race video somewhere in New Zealand from a year or two ago? It wasn't a bit organized race by the looks of it, just a bunch of people hucking through the forest. I believe they were laying down at the start...

@toodles ?

Floor Tom

Monkey
Sep 28, 2009
New Zealand
I missed Frenzy by a couple weeks last time. It's on my bucket list for sure. My mates that did it reckon its a top event and I love those kind of events.

Any monkeys ever get to the TDS Enduro?
There is a very unofficial series of these races in Queenstown, though the frenzy is the most well known one.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
There is a very unofficial series of these races in Queenstown, though the frenzy is the most well known one.
I did a DH race in the Remarks once with the QMBC crew. Legends. Entry was cheap and included pick up from my hotel. Punched so many laps in practice I actually had to stop. Got absolutely schooled by the locals in the final but got free beer afterwards. Absolute pack of awesome bastards.

Floor Tom

Monkey
Sep 28, 2009
New Zealand
I did a DH race in the Remarks once with the QMBC crew. Legends. Entry was cheap and included pick up from my hotel. Punched so many laps in practice I actually had to stop. Got absolutely schooled by the locals in the final but got free beer afterwards. Absolute pack of awesome bastards.
Rad. How long ago was that?
There is a great scene here and the new president of the club has some grand plans, including far more events. Its just been announced that there will be a bike fest again for the first time in quite a few years next summer.
Also, new trail building has been ramping up for a while but it is about to go off in the next year or so.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Rad. How long ago was that?
There is a great scene here and the new president of the club has some grand plans, including far more events. Its just been announced that there will be a bike fest again for the first time in quite a few years next summer.
Also, new trail building has been ramping up for a while but it is about to go off in the next year or so.
That was back in 2015 with Jonno from QBT and co. I've been back in 18 and 19 for Trans NZ but I really need to stay for more than a few days after. The place is so good.

Rhubarb

Monkey
Jan 11, 2009
Respect to Sam, but other than a handfull of drifty turns I havent been that impressed with his latest vids. Keeping location relatively similar I definitely prefer watching Blenki tear up a trail.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
If you really want one @toodles , don't wait for one to come into CRC (or a shop) pre-order one from a nukeproof dealer. Most of the forthcoming UK stock has already been pre-ordered

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
If you really want one @toodles , don't wait for one to come into CRC (or a shop) pre-order one from a nukeproof dealer. Most of the forthcoming UK stock has already been pre-ordered
Yep, been talking to the Aussie distro already. Having a bit of burn out on the bike buying situation at the moment. Test rides completely unavailable on nearly everything, size "feel" doesn't seem to match charts, its very tempting to grab something that I can physically ride first.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I've ridden every size of the new NP Mega 290.
and I rode last years M, M/L, and L
Being a #264LYF kinda guy I'm not generally a fan of 29ers but all the ones that fit me rode sweet with no quirks to mention.
PM me if you think I can be of any help

Rhubarb

Monkey
Jan 11, 2009
Found a crack in my V3 Bronson swingarm. Bought it 2nd hand so warranty cover is an issue (might be affected but the recall and sent the frame off yesteday), so I picked up a like new Reactor. Walked into the lbs just after the Reactor arrived and saw the 2020 Mega. The bike looks sick, nice and refined. So started investigating only to find what Gary has stated. But Europe assigned stock might become available for the UK due Brexit though, so dont give up if you are looking to by from the UK.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Accompanying edit of the announcement that Atwill is returning to Propain. Seems like this is unreleased footage from his previous time with them. Regardless, the boy can sure ride a bike. Always a pleasure to watch:

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Accompanying edit of the announcement that Atwill is returning to Propain. Seems like this is unreleased footage from his previous time with them. Regardless, the boy can sure ride a bike. Always a pleasure to watch:
Thanks for the clip! Phil is such a blast to watch... Although I wouldn't call that material "unreleased footage", I'm pretty sure I've watched it before, to a great extent.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia

Cool video angle works well showing how much of the edge of the berms Blenki uses. A full race pace from him would be wild to see down Coronet Peak.

Raced this track a couple of years ago. Really good fun, although the side wind was a killer.