Quantcast

** Viernes GMT **

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Call bike shops in his area and find someone to send it.
Yeah nah yeah, shipping it to me isn’t the issue really. It’s more about putting actual cash in the guy’s hand and maybe leveraging that to haggle him down on price some. And just having eyes on the bike to make sure it’s as nice as the pictures make it look. I know it’s a big ask, so if no is no then that’s 100% all good.

If any of y’all need my help in taking possession of and shipping a thing you bought, I’ll help if I can. I say that to explain why I’d even ask, not as a guilt trip.

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
You da man ?

Stress, anxiety and disturbing amounts of bacon and ice cream have pushed my top number into triple digits. A nice long walk in the woods, say five months or so, should sort it out.
Don’t most people have a top number in triple digits? Hence Toshi passing out when his went below 100. All my medical friends (of which I have many as Teh Spousal Unit™ is a nurse) have said don’t fuck with blood pressure. If you can’t readily control it with lifestyle, beat it into submission pharmacologically.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Don’t most people have a top number in triple digits? Hence Toshi passing out when his went below 100. All my medical friends (of which I have many as Teh Spousal Unit™ is a nurse) have said don’t fuck with blood pressure. If you can’t readily control it with lifestyle, beat it into submission pharmacologically.
I was feeling ok with 92, as that was after 1.25 liters of IV fluids! when I passed out I was no doubt lower yet. felt like death, I did, vision all gray and shit.

then they put another liter in me after the 92/72 measurement and sent me home.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yeah nah yeah, shipping it to me isn’t the issue really. It’s more about putting actual cash in the guy’s hand and maybe leveraging that to haggle him down on price some. And just having eyes on the bike to make sure it’s as nice as the pictures make it look. I know it’s a big ask, so if no is no then that’s 100% all good.

If any of y’all need my help in taking possession of and shipping a thing you bought, I’ll help if I can. I say that to explain why I’d even ask, not as a guilt trip.
what are you after (what bike is it)

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
what are you after (what bike is it)
Knolly Cache.

And the dude is being super firm on price, so I'm not gonna ask anyone to deal with it. Hey @Dirtrider @jstuhlman @jackalope @AngryMetalsmith if you were even remotely considering helping me out on this, never mind. I stand by my earlier statement of help if anyone ever wants to buy a bike near me and needs some help getting the deal done.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
No, I get concerned when mine gets into triple digits. The moar fit I am the lower it gets. Right now, since I haven’t been riding much it’s kind of high. But when I at my best physical condition I can almost pass out if I get up too quickly. When I get back from my thru hike I’ll probably be close to being clinically dead according to the BP monitor.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Friderp. At head office for some group meeting thing.

I opened a ticket with our global team this morning.
Buddy closes the ticket and says I already have access.
Thats not the case, so i reply to the closed ticket woth a screenshot showing my access denied message.
Buddy replies and tells me to either reopen the ticket or make a new one. Rather than just telling me what the issue is (which he put in the journal, but didnt publish). Wtf mate, what a waste of time. :think:

What is a snow storm as far as that goes in these parts is approaching and I am not pleased. :wave:
Looking out the window here and all I see is white. :think:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
While waiting for my espresso I got identified as a mountain biker because I had on 5.10 shoes. Talked with the coffee shop guy about the perils of the activity and had some good laughs.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
And it's a win for me. The Oakland transport into the heart of gangland near the Oakland coliseum just got canceled. Now I just have 2 transports at Highland Hospital in Oakland and they have armed sheriff deputies all over the place and those are going out of Oakland.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Just finished 3 hours of the most painful and pointless meetings. Going to punch myself in the face for some more positive sensory feedback.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Oh people of marketplace.
Found a sweet Laguna bandsaw that fits what I want to buy. Tell the guy I’ll take it. After some conversation he thinks I am too quick to buy and a scammer. . . What the honest fuck. Is it for sale or not.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Oh people of marketplace.
Found a sweet Laguna bandsaw that fits what I want to buy. Tell the guy I’ll take it. After some conversation he thinks I am too quick to buy and a scammer. . . What the honest fuck. Is it for sale or not.
I lowball instinctively. BOOM 50¢ on the dollar how do you like them apples?