Quantcast

Vigo Bike Contest

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
This is the first big euro race of the year, lot's and lot's of Brits in attendance. Aswell as young yank Neko Mullally andthe usual fast Spaniards.

This event in the past has either been a World Cup or Maxxis Cup. This year it's a standalone event with an added pumptrack contest (keeping with the current fashion)!

Race is tomorrow, qualifying was today. In what where terrible wet conditions.

http://www.tonimonterde.com/images/stories/Btt/2010/VigoBikeContest/Clasificacion Semifinal Categorias.pdf

Notable mention for good friend of mine Tom Deacon smashing it in 5th, hopefully he pulls a stormer tomorrow!

Prize money for tomorrows final is:

Men: Women:
1st 2.200€ 1st 2.200€
2nd 1.100€ 2nd 1.100€
3rd 700€ 3rd 700€
4th 450€ 4th 450€
5th 250€ 5th 250€
6th 200€
7th 150€
8th 100€
9th 75€
10th 50€

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
geez neko with 9 seconds up on 2nd in qualifying! sick, cant wait to see what he throws down tomorrow and see where he ends up in elite.

MasterofGroms

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
NorthEastern US
Seeding was today.
It has rained both yesterday and today.
He chose to run today on Minions while most of the field ran spikes.
He crashed on the first turn and completed his run conservatively.
His time places him in 11th overall.
9 seconds faster than the next junior.
12 seconds off first Elite. (Mark Beauont or Brandon Fairclaugh I think?)
He says he's feeling pretty good in spite of a bruise on his quad from a big stack yesterday.
They race at 11 am Spanish time which is 6 am EST.
This information is all from Neko's Blackberry and was sort of cryptic so I cannot guarantee any of this information is 100% accurate.
I just thought I'd share what I think I know.:)
You can check out Nekos facebook for pics.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
plus its just quali's too, im sure he wasnt going 100% neither.
Yeah but who says anyone else was... Cool that Beaumont qualified first ahead of Fairclough though, gives a bit more credibility to his WC win on that track a few years ago when most of the other top riders had to race in the wet.

I like the name, "bike contest" hahah. So much better than XTREME GNARCORE 1800 DH CHALLENGE.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
Yeah but who says anyone else was... Cool that Beaumont qualified first ahead of Fairclough though, gives a bit more credibility to his WC win on that track a few years ago when most of the other top riders had to race in the wet.

I like the name, "bike contest" hahah. So much better than XTREME GNARCORE 1800 DH CHALLENGE.
who says fairclough wasnt on it?? :D just messin with ya bud! and as masterofgroms (aka nekos father) in the post above said that he crashed in the first turn. just sayin... we will see where everyone stands tomorrow.

MasterofGroms

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
NorthEastern US
Neko finished 4.5 seconds behind the first place elite rider.
That puts him in 6th place overall elite men.
First Junior.
The next fastest junior was 19+ seconds behind him.

Last edited: