Quantcast

Vilseck / Grafenwoehr MTB'ing with Outdoor Rec. (DoD Cardholders)

Boostoff

Chimp
Jun 4, 2011
Germany
For anyone stationed in Bavaria and cool enough to be on ridemonkey.com, the Grafenwoher and Vilseck area have a pretty good core group of mountianbikers that meet every Monday.

Wanted to see if there are any lurkers on here that are either already members, or want to join. Contact the Graf or Vilseck ODR, or go to the respective MWR pages to grab the numbers.

I will take my camera and post some puctures from next week's ride. Hopefully we have a great turnout.. :D

Last edited:

ROTFLMAO

Monkey
Nov 17, 2007
Maumee, Ohio
I wish I would have had some riding buddies when I was stationed in Hohenfels back in the late 90's. Such an amazing area for riding. Hooah!

Boostoff

Chimp
Jun 4, 2011
Germany
Last edited:

air2mud82

Chimp
Jun 29, 2011
Vilseck/Graf, Germany
Yup, long time lurker here, but this thread made me decide to join. I usually ride w/ ODR on Mondays, work schedule permitting and have a blast. Been riding w/ them since about '06.

If anyone is just looking for partners outside of Monday night ODR rides, hit me up. Same goes for rock climbing partners. I am trying to build a varying amount of riding/climbing partners as it seems that all my normal partners have totally different schedules than me.

Boostoff

Chimp
Jun 4, 2011
Germany
Ahh, okay. Well if anyone in the Vilseck area wants to ride on the weekend or other-than-mondays, let me know. I have a rather hectic schedule and am all over the country each week. I will PM you my info.

And it's not a good day of rideing until I break my bike ;)
Looking at getting a trek fuel from a coworker as well, just waiting till he comes down in price. 1500 is a little much for an 09, no?

Boostoff

Chimp
Jun 4, 2011
Germany
Goin' for a ride Sunday (tomorrow) to get warmed up for Monday in the Graf area. Any takers? Oh wait, there's only 1 other person who reads this thread...

Boostoff

Chimp
Jun 4, 2011
Germany
Did a ride around Hutten and broke out thru ODR's race track, its super overgrown. Its a little perilous with 2 - 4 ft grass you cant see some of the ravines and such, but it's got some nice fast parts and some good climbs. Theres also allot of area to explore around there, and you dont even hit the range. If you are in Graf, you must ride Hutten. It's got some really nice trails and scenery. From base to furthest point and back its 9 to 9.5 miles, and about 13 - 14 of you want to try part of the track on the way back.

bangbang

Chimp
Jun 16, 2012
New here to the Graf/Rose Barracks area looking to get into mountain biking to replace the void not being able to kill a deer has left went and got a trek 3900 to start off with was going to go head first into it with a 1700 dollar bike but thought better of the idea any trails here around the rose barracks/graf immediate area that i could get a taste of things to come?heard over by Koenigstein was where most folks go but i currently have to transportation lol any help would be great