Quantcast

Vintage bike ?

vinnycactus

Monkey
May 27, 2004
Matthews, NC
i picked up a rather old bike from a local shop that was going to dispose of it. the headbadge has General written on it so I'm assuming that that's the company that made it. it looks to be from the 40's or 50's. has anyone every heard of General? i know there was a short lived company in the 80's under that name that built bmx bikes but this is obviously an entirely different company.

i can get a pic of it tonight and post it up.

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
SoCal Supermarket Shelves
vinnycactus said:
i picked up a rather old bike from a local shop that was going to dispose of it. the headbadge has General written on it so I'm assuming that that's the company that made it. it looks to be from the 40's or 50's. has anyone every heard of General? i know there was a short lived company in the 80's under that name that built bmx bikes but this is obviously an entirely different company.

Post up a few pics. Make sure to include clean shots of the head badge or brand logo, the drivetrain and full bike from front, back and both sides. I have an idea what it is, but will wait for photos to be sure.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
vinnycactus said:

Monarck is the maker, General is the model, although I've never heard of that model before. Look at the BB shell. Any serial number?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That is nice!

My brother has some real jems he spent a few years restoring. He just opened a new tattoo shop in Vegas and has them on display above the stations.