Quantcast

Virginia Adventure Racing Series...

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
FYI for y'all :monkey:s
http://hradventure.com/RaceHQ.aspx
check out that link. grant, the race organizer, has some KICK A$$ races planned for this year, and his entry fees are VERY reasonable compared to some other similar series.

my buddy and I are doing the first one this weekend in Richmond. we did one last year in the sport category, our first race, and took second. so...we are gonna sack up and try the asylum category this year. this saturday we are in for 9hrs/45 miles (with good navigation) to include paddle (canoe), trek (city AND wilderness), cycling (c and w) with each transition to have special challenges to include ropework of some sort.

we are most likely going to have our asses handed to us as the asylum cats that were at the fall race were mad serious AND fit.
jesse and i have trained approximately squat for this so i'm not looking forward to monday morning.

for any of you east coaster :monkey:s that are into this sort of thing, i HIGHLY recommened making it to any of these that you can, as the vibe is great, and the cost is very reasonable. having said that, i also recommend that if you do want to go, register early as his races fill up fast!

hope to see you there
later