Quantcast

Visited My Dealer Today

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
and he set me up nice. Ordered on a Friday, delivered the next Wednesday. My LBS rocks! :thumb:

03 SID Race, no lock out, no remote. 2LBS 14oz actual weight, 2 LBS 11oz advertised weight. I'll be cutting 2" of tube when I get around to installing it next week.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by Serial Midget
and he set me up nice. Ordered on a Friday, delivered the next Wednesday. My LBS rocks! :thumb:

03 SID Race, no lock out, no remote. 2LBS 14oz actual weight, 2 LBS 11oz advertised weight. I'll be cutting 2" of tube when I get around to installing it next week. This is still over 1.5LBS lighter than my current fork.
awesome dude!!! that fork will do you well as long as you don't go do anything crazy and run SUPER low pressures in the negative camber like i do :p

ps if you do, make sure you run atleast 15psi or more

;) ;)

rockracing

Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Cape Town, South Africa
its a fork like that, that will make make me want to switch fom my cannondale, watch out for those pedals, I heard that there is a little piece (??) on them that is prone to breaking and spares aren't available, but maybe in the states you'll have better luck than us.

lets see a pic of the bike when put back together.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Originally posted by rockracing
its a fork like that, that will make make me want to switch fom my cannondale, watch out for those pedals, I heard that there is a little piece (??) on them that is prone to breaking and spares aren't available, but maybe in the states you'll have better luck than us.

lets see a pic of the bike when put back together.
This is my second pair of 959s. One of the first set cracked where the casing meets the spindle. I had a particularly hard crash and smashed the right pedal on a rock while landing after some unplanned and unwanted air. It could not be fixed. I crash less now so I thought I'd give them another go. :p

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Originally posted by Capt. Burntout
Good Forking Choice! :D (guffaw teheehee)

jsut don't touch the lockout an you'll be fine, oh and yeah buy some o-rings....
The 2003 SID race does not have a lock-out or on the fly damping control. My 2002 SL has both but the 'lock-out' was more theory than reality... the 2003 model uses an air chamber for damping.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
The 2003 SID race does not have a lock-out or on the fly damping control. My 2002 SL has both but the 'lock-out' was more theory than reality... the 2003 model uses an air chamber for damping.
kickass, jsut like my 01 sid race then eh? I love that fork!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Originally posted by Capt. Burntout
kickass, jsut like my 01 sid race then eh? I love that fork!
Yes - back to the basics for the RACE model. I just finished putting the new fork on and will take a short ride tonight. Just riding the 2 steps on my porch and taking a 2 foot drop to flat on pavement I have to say that the new fork kills the old Marzochhi - it must be need a total rebuild.

Torsional stiffness seems much better with my non-scientific twist test. The Marzocchi now seems quite sloppy in that regard but I did take a few spills on it in the last 2 years. With the exception the poor lock-out I have been very happy with my 02 SL model.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Yes - back to the basics for the RACE model. I just finished putting the new fork on and will take a short ride tonight. Just riding the 2 steps on my porch and taking a 2 foot drop to flat on pavement I have to say that the new fork kills the old Marzochhi - it must be need a total rebuild.

Torsional stiffness seems much better with my non-scientific twist test. The Marzocchi now seems quite sloppy in that regard but I did take a few spills on it in the last 2 years. With the exception the poor lock-out I have been very happy with my 02 SL model.
ahhhhhhhh whats with the angle of the saddle :dead: :dead: :dead:

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
The 80mm fork is 1" shorter than the 100mm I just replaced. I'm running 18mm of sag for now so... yes, it does need adjusted.

but dude, that's how you have almost all your saddle set up :dead:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Originally posted by indieboy
but dude, that's how you have almost all your saddle set up :dead:
Must be the picture. All my saddles are set with a level to be level.

I look at the picture and the seat angles don't look extreme to me... lay off the ritalin. :D

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Must be the picture. All my saddles are set with a level to be level.

I look at the picture and the seat angles don't look extreme to me... lay off the ritalin. :D
if you consider that level you gotta be cock eyed :devil:

ps i'm not on ritalin, however i probably should be