Quantcast

visited snowshoe yesterday

stoneysnake

Monkey
May 24, 2002
easy living, wv
and it is so legit. it's deinitely the place we've been waiting for. the bike shop is sick, the trails are insane and beleive me the pics you've seen do the place no justice. they were building an elevated stunt yesterday that was at least 15ft up in the trees. i'm telling you they've got the stuff you want to ride. the people building and running the place are riders and are very in tune with the community. it was such a positive experience after all the negative i've been involved with lately. the national course is completely new and exciting and they even let us ride it without having the police involved(imagine that). seriously, the place is cool and i really thank them for the place they're providing for us to ride. you'll love it.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
Originally posted by stoneysnake
and it is so legit. it's deinitely the place we've been waiting for. the bike shop is sick, the trails are insane and beleive me the pics you've seen do the place no justice. they were building an elevated stunt yesterday that was at least 15ft up in the trees. i'm telling you they've got the stuff you want to ride. the people building and running the place are riders and are very in tune with the community. it was such a positive experience after all the negative i've been involved with lately. the national course is completely new and exciting and they even let us ride it without having the police involved(imagine that). seriously, the place is cool and i really thank them for the place they're providing for us to ride. you'll love it.
Thanks for the follow up, I think I may be heading up next weekend to help build if they are building and maybe get in a few runs......

good to hear you had a kick ass time......

bagtagley

Monkey
Jun 18, 2002
VA
Originally posted by Castle
Thanks for the follow up, I think I may be heading up next weekend to help build if they are building and maybe get in a few runs......
I been gettin' screwed by prior engagements all month. I'm pretty sure we're going to head down there next weekend to help build though. PM me if you end up going.

Thanks for the report stoney. I can't sleep at night thinking about that place.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
sweeeeeeeet!thanks for the report. as csoon as i heal up i am friggin there!

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Mmmmm stunts lots and lots of stunts. I can't wait for opening weekend. Ill be there both days even if i have to sleep in my car.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
I guess there'll be no having Snowshoe all to myself anymore!

Lift lines in the summer. Sheesh!! :D

The guys up there are really great. I was there at the bottom for Dave Huber's first DH race finish. He crashed hard once on the way down and was shaking like a leaf from adrenaline, handlebars about 45deg angle to the wheel. I asked him if he was okay and he looked back at me all wild eyed and said "I wanna do it again!!!!" These are the kind of guys running the show there. It's really great!

They also saved up all the tip money from the shop and bought beer for everyone at the Mayhem race in the fall. I don't know if they'll do it again but tip them well anyway!! Ya never know.

Mike

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Originally posted by Dartman
I guess there'll be no having Snowshoe all to myself anymore!

Lift lines in the summer. Sheesh!! :D
Heh i'll be there to try and keep up with the old men of richmond. (you dennis and howell.) :p

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
Hmmm........I go away to tend to some family matters for one weekend and everyone and their brother seems to show up. I miss all the fun like that!!! I wanted to be here, but other things in life took priority this w/e.

Anyways, glad to hear your stoked on the place Brad. Coming from a well-known trail builder, it lets us know we are heading in the right direction. This summer is going to be amazing.........I can't wait!