Quantcast

Visiting AZ

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Yo kids. I have a cousin in Phoenix/Tempe, and being that we have LOADS of snow here in Denver, I'm considering a road trip for a couple of weeks to visit ya'lls beautiful state. Hopefully leaving tomorrow afternoon (1-12-07), stopping through Durango to see a friend and then rolling into Phoenix just in time to catch the Supercross. Here's what I am planning on bringing:

DH bike (Yeti 303)
Roadie bike (just in case)
Yamaha YZF250 (hells yeah)

I don't currently own an XC bike, but I might be able to borrow one for the trip, if that would be a good idear, as well as my Yeti 4X if there's any decent DJing around. I'm hoping to rock South Mountain while I'm there, and am looking for some riding partners/partners in crime. My cuz tells me there's a solid musical scene, so I figure I'll be hitting some of that while I'm there as well. Probably gonna try and hook up with a bro in Flag for a few days, and looking to leave AZ on or around the 25th to head to Bootleg Canyon before returning to Denver.

Let me know who'd be up for some riding, some drinking, or just general all around good times.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Japanese Zero just hit town and Marksee likes rolling his big Brodie on South Mountain. Reactor and Trainwreck are core XC riders and I might be up for falling off the wagon.

I'm moving to a new place here in Phoenix in a couple weeks so my time might be limited, but keep us posted when ya get here and we can prolly get a shuttle together.

:monkeydance:

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
I'd love to get a piece of the action. I just got healthy again after a series of Upper resperitory infections and I need to ride. I've got a roadbike, and several mountain bikes, the biggest is an 06 specialized enduro and i'm stll a little lame on the DH stuff.

If you want I'm sure we can convince trainwreck and the regular crew hit Hawes trail, Mormon/National, or McDowell.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Stoked!

Trip is definitely on, I'm leaving tomorrow for Durango and then Phoenix on Saturday. Plan right now is to see the Phoenix Supercross on Saturday night, and then probably go out afterwards, if anyone is down for beers and such. My cousin works the door at some bar called Suite 301 in Tempe, so I figure I'll be heading there after the Supercross. Might be a cool place to meet a few of you guys!

As for riding, I'm down for anything! I'm thinking I'll throw in the 4X bike since I have the room, heck I might even see about getting an XC rig as well. Definitely would like to hit some shuttles, and whatever else is fun. I'm by no means an über pro DH guy, more like a guy in his early 30's that loves to have a good time on two wheels.

I sent you two fellas a PM with my number, looking forward to riding somewhere new!

FT

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
We are heading down to Tucson for an Old Pueblo pre-ride tomorrow. You'd be more than welcome to join us. Sunday is still wide open and I have Monday off as well.

If you're looking to crank on the YZF there are some killer trails up in the Pima and Dynamite area. Just don't roost the MTBers...

doodoobi

Chimp
Dec 27, 2006
hawaii/temporary in AZ
i'm down to ride on sunday afternoon. just gotta go cheer a friend on at the PF chan run in the morning. I am also off of Monday for a all day riding adventure if anyone is up to it!!!!!:lighten:

the hawes/mormon/national or mcdowell sounds good for monday!!!!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
We are heading down to Tucson for an Old Pueblo pre-ride tomorrow. You'd be more than welcome to join us. Sunday is still wide open and I have Monday off as well.
Thanks for the invite, but I won't be getting in to PHX until Saturday afternoon, not sure what time just yet. I got a PM from JapaneseZero and we're looking to ride on Sunday, so I think that's gonna be the plan. Not sure where, just figuring it's gonna be shuttle runs as I don't think I'll be able to get a hold of an XC bike to take with me for the entire 2 weeks I'll be gone! Yeti's good to me, but I don't know if they're THAT good...

If you're looking to crank on the YZF there are some killer trails up in the Pima and Dynamite area. Just don't roost the MTBers...
Sweet action! I'll be nice to the MTBers for sure... I am one after all. I'll get some more info from you next week so I can go and scout this out. I've also heard of Canyon Off-Road Park and Speedworld MX... anyone got any beta on these places?

doodoobi said:
i'm down to ride on sunday afternoon. just gotta go cheer a friend on at the PF chan run in the morning. I am also off of Monday for a all day riding adventure if anyone is up to it!!!!!
:lighten:
the hawes/mormon/national or mcdowell sounds good for monday!!!!
Sounds like we could get quite a crew together. Hopefully JapaneseZero or someone chimes in with a time and a meeting place for a Sunday shuttle ride, and we can go from there.

Man... this is gonna be the best vacation ever!

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I'm pedaling over to the Rock N Roll marathon sunday morning, but if there's a shuttle rolling on Somo after that, I'm in. Who's drives a truck?

doodoobi

Chimp
Dec 27, 2006
hawaii/temporary in AZ
Freaky. I'm moving to 13th and Northern at the end of the month and we can hook it up after that.

wow we are all gonna be neighbors. i am just moving in to my new place at 28th and cactus. so we need to be hitting up trail 100 alot!!! and i got a 4runner that i could get a few bike on to shuttle up at somo.

stinkyboy pm me your contact info

japanese zero monday lets do a all day ride since you are finally off!! hit me up!!!!!

Vno

Monkey
Jul 24, 2002
South Mountain
Keep me informed of when and where you're going. I'm trying to get over this damn chest cold that kept me from going to Seattle this weekend. I really need to do a ride though...if I feel better.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Keep me informed of when and where you're going. I'm trying to get over this damn chest cold that kept me from going to Seattle this weekend. I really need to do a ride though...if I feel better.
You really aren't missing much up here. It's been snowing since 11a. Went out for about 2 hour ride and my feet are still frozen.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Alright, who's down for some shuttling on South Mountain on Sunday? I watched some Supercross LIVE tonight, 23rd row! Kick @SS is what it was! Fell asleep on my cousin's couch in Tempe, and just woke up to check Ridemonkey to see if this ride is going down. JapaneseZero? Reactor?

JapaneseZero

Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Virginia
tomorrow for sure... fiance is feeling better so we are going to get everything accomplished that we didnt get done yesterday... riding is a possibility. ill call you

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Cool cool... I'm gonna wander up to Cactus Bikes and see if they know anything here in a few minutes. I talked to them earlier and they said they might know some peeps rocking a shuttle, so I'm gonna check it out.

Tomorrow for SURE. If anyone wants ta get a hold of me... call me on my cell... 303-503-0061

doodoobi

Chimp
Dec 27, 2006
hawaii/temporary in AZ
japanesezero and myself are heading down to somo at around 9:30. i maybe able to borrow my roomies truck for shuttles. anyone is welcome. full trucker i will pm you my number if you wanna join in.....

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Bah! If it ain't one thing it's another!

Sunday Reactor and I got about 20 yards down National, and the faceplate of my stem just broke in half... it was the damnedest thing. Got back to Cactus Bikes and fortunately they had a Race Face that is the same size, so I threw that on there, thought I was good to go.

Then... a busted brake line and work stuff balled me up this morning, I wasn't able to ride with doodoobi and JapaneseZero. I'll be here all week for sure, going to ride with some guys from Cactus Bikes on Wednesday, but if anyone can ride tomorrow let me know. I'll get that brake line fixed today and I should be good to go!

:thumb: