Quantcast

Visiting BC in Oct.

Nicolai

Chimp
Sep 17, 2004
I know it is still a while until I will visit BC, but I can`t really wait to head off. I was wondering if anyone out there could give a German guy some advice on places to go. It is probably not the best time of the year for cycling, but the weather does get bad in Europe, too, and we get used to cycle all year round with lamps on the bikes in winter. You just have to clean your bike more often..

Anyway I will arrive in Vancouver on the 9th and go around by campervan. So I am more or less flexible. Anyone willing to show me some nice singletrails in the area and possibly offering me his or hers second bike would be greatly appreciated;-). I plan to leave towards Whistler/Banff around the 12th and will be in the area for the whole week. When it comes down to cycling I would rather describe myself as intermediate Freerider/CC rider, thats no big drops! But I am willing to see other people crash..

However, any advice is welcome

Thx in advance
Chris

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
I would hit up the shore for sure. I would also sto in squamish and get a trail map and ride some of their freeride stuff. If you have time go to rossland and ride Oasis. A bc classic long steep dh run. While in whislter/banff (you know they are far apart right?) go to pemberton and ride some of the trails there. I don't know pemberton well enough to tell you trail names but keep hearing how amazing they are. While in whistler I would recommend riding kill me thrill me and river runs through it in the valley. Both are whistler classics and need to be hit once. :) If you get a chance go to Evolution bike shop and get directions to Gargamel. Definately a fun ride down (crappy ride up without a truck)

Good luck and enjoy bc :)

Nicolai

Chimp
Sep 17, 2004
Hey thanks a lot for the advice. That`s good for a start. But I know there must be more than just one biker out there, who knows the area and the right spots to go. Maybe someone knows some good personal websites with trail descriptions and pictures. I am greatful for any help.

Cheers
Chris

Nicolai

Chimp
Sep 17, 2004
Your my man! keep going...

By chance do you also know a good bike shop in Vancouver?

Chris

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
I know several. John Henry tends to have the most in stock items. Very cool place. Cove Bikes (two shops but I prefer the original) is a pretty core shop. Everyone there rides HARD and knows there stuff. But they can be real assholes too. Dizzy Cycles is another favorite as they have great CS and always remember who I am.

BigHitExpert

Chimp
Jul 6, 2004
NORTH SHORE
Whistler closes October 11th... I'd replan your trip, you DO NOT want to miss out on the opportunity to ride the bike park. It is unreal. Hit Whistler first, so you don't miss it, THEN hit the shore :)

Oh and Dizzy Cycles 0wnz :)

Nicolai

Chimp
Sep 17, 2004
Alright,

thanks to everyone for the hints. In the end I won`t be able to make it to see the bike park open, but I will go to Whistler anyway. Rossland and Golden will be other locations, where I will hopefully find some trails and decent bikeshops.

See ya on the trails
Chris

Nicolai

Chimp
Sep 17, 2004
Yes, I heard about Sacred in Rossland. I`ll see them for some information.

I`ll be in Whistler at the 13th and will look out for some rides then while being in town. Some promising rides there. "A river runs through it" sounds interesting.

See you around there