Quantcast

Visiting Santa Cruz/San Jose 8/17-8/19

codykjwalton

Chimp
Aug 12, 2007
I will be up near the bay area (Santa Cruz/San Jose) for this coming up weekend. Ill have my bike and be lookin for some fun freeride trails in the area. The only place I know that is close is Soquel Demo Forest and im not familiar with the trails there.

Does anyone know the trails there and what they are like. and if there are any good FR/DH trails in the area?

Dec 3, 2004
San Jose, CA
The trails in Soquel Demo are amazing. I wouldn't say that they are downhill trails; they are more agressive cross country with some steep sections, techy sections, and little jumps and freeride obsticals. Braille and Sawpit are the two best trails there. If you want some more downhill trails the trails in Pacifica are great, and Santa Cruz, if you can hook up with someone who knows them.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I would say I could maybe show you around Santa Cruz, but I hurt myself at Northstar in Tahoe this weekend so I am kind of out for a week or two. laaaame.

codykjwalton

Chimp
Aug 12, 2007
sorry to hear that, let me know if you heal in time to ride or want to point me in the right direction for some fun stuff.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
santa cruz has some great dh stuff, aptos has a good, but short, trail, and the demo forest is really fun, but a hell of a workout if you do two laps.