Visiting SoCal good DH shops...

Discussion in 'Downhill & Freeride' started by slothy, Jan 11, 2008.

1. slothy

slothy Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Im visiting California, Im staying near Santa Monica, and will be going down to newport. Anyone recommend some good downhill shops near here, Ive seen cynergy sycles, was a nice Demo 8's there and some beautiful yeti asx'x but not much downhill, also saw permormance bikes..
    But there gotta be a good downhill bike shop..?

oh yea Im also going to take a look at the race organised by southridge on Sunday..... should be good...

Please register to disable this ad.

2. bullcrew

bullcrew Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    9 / 26
    goin back to cali, cali, cali, goin back to cali!
    Path in OC as far as I know thats about it, Jenson USA has a ton in there new Corona facility. In SD theres beyond bikes aka airbomb.

3. dondon

dondon Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    the Bike Company in Lake Forest.
    Tons of DH gear, parts, frames, DVD's Decline etc...
    Home shop of wrench for Lopes, Honda Ironhorse etc...
    May have some bikes for you to demo at the trails nearby

some cool race memorabilia too

4. dhmike

dhmike Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    25 / 42
    the path is good and kind of close to santa monica.

5. Nagaredama

Nagaredama Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 2
    Try Wheel World in Culver City.

What are you looking for in particular. I live close to SM and could point you in the right direction if I know what you're after.

6. sriracha

sriracha Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    velopro in santa barbara, if you make it to this area.

7. Spunger

Spunger Git yer dumb questions here

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    I really wouldn't call "velopro" one of the DH shops in socal I'd want to visit...I've never had a good experience with either one of their shops. In a pinch they're fine but I wouldn't go out of my way to visit.

There's no Go-ride.com of socal.........from going north-south places like Cambria bike, Jenson USA (the corona store), Wheel World are some of the more general bike stores that from time to time have great prices on parts. Most of the "local" shops won't be able to get close to a lot of the online stores that also have store fronts.

Good Luck

8. mandown

mandown Poopdeck Repost

Rep/Likes:
    250 / 832

if you are superman and can fly there. as the crow flies it isn't far. it will kill a day in traffic to get there. on your way down to newport, or on the way back from, is probably the best time to stop in. unless things have changed, there isn't much in that small space of a showroom.

i've not been to adrenaline bikes, but they are in orange county too.

in santa monica, there is bike attack http://bikeattack.com/contact.htm a small but nice shop with some dh stuff.

you already mentioned cynergy and performance. in that same area is helen's, but it is similarly not very DH oriented. there is InCycle (which i have never been to) which is a bit north and east. they have a big DH team, so i'd bet they have some DH stuff.

take a look at the Jenson USA shop (they have two of them). again, i haven't been there, but bullcrew suggested it so it must be good :busted:

9. W4S

W4S Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    3 / 23
    Things have changed quite a bit at The Path, they've added 2x the space they used to have and they're by far the best shop for DH in SoCal. Plus, the owner of The Path is an avid downhiller and proponent of the sport and makes it a point to stock hard to find DH stuff. You'll most likely see the shops following at Southridge on Sunday.

BikeCo is pretty good too but another 20 miles further south.

If you want, pm me and I'll give you directions.

10. sriracha

sriracha Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0

oh, i totally agree. but in SB, it's pretty much the only option. just sayin, if he's visiting SB, and needs directions to the trails, velopro is the place to go.

11. slothy

slothy Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    ok Thanks a million, Im just seeing if there is some deals on 07 dh bikes.... im also interesed in an enduro or scott ransom.

I was in velo last time I was in santa barbara, not much dh but the guy there told me about tunnel etc....

12. So Cal biker

So Cal biker Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    sports challet, wallmart, just kidding,

what are u looking for, people to help u out or in stock dh parts, bikes, etc