Quantcast

Visitor looking for riding around Bremerton

fireman

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Boulder, CO
I'm going to be in Bremerton for the end for this week/weekend for a job interview and I'm would like to try to get in some riding if it isn't to much of a hassle. I think that I will have all day saturday and probably sunday as well to do whatever I want. I don't want to pack up my bike so I'm looking for a place where I could rent a bike and a recommendation of where to ride. I prefer downhill but also might do some more all-mountain stuff if that is what is available. I hear Port Angeles has DH. I've never been to this part of Washington before so other recommendations on what I should do would also be awesome.

Thanks

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Renting a real bike out there is going to be tough.
As for trails, Port Angeles is closed to the public except on race and shuttle days.
Wildcat trailhead is close and super fun if you can find a good 5" bike to rent. It's also easy to navigate so you won't have any issues finding trails or getting lost.

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
Renting a real bike out there is going to be tough.
As for trails, Port Angeles is closed to the public except on race and shuttle days.
Wildcat trailhead is close and super fun if you can find a good 5" bike to rent. It's also easy to navigate so you won't have any issues finding trails or getting lost.
PA isn't "closed to the public", but the gate is locked. You can ride there anytime, and shuttle if you contact olympic dirt society ahead of time. It only requires a little work and $20/year to be a member.

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
PA isn't "closed to the public", but the gate is locked. You can ride there anytime, and shuttle if you contact olympic dirt society ahead of time. It only requires a little work and $20/year to be a member.
I signed up back in Jan for my card. Who/how is the best way to get in touch about coming out to do some work on the weekends ahead of time?

To the OP. If you have a way to pack your bike I would do it, I don't know where you can get rentals out here. Someone has to know though so good luck and hope you get a chance to hit the trails. If I had another bike the suited DH/trail I would be happy to loan it to you for a ride.

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
I signed up back in Jan for my card. Who/how is the best way to get in touch about coming out to do some work on the weekends ahead of time?

To the OP. If you have a way to pack your bike I would do it, I don't know where you can get rentals out here. Someone has to know though so good luck and hope you get a chance to hit the trails. If I had another bike the suited DH/trail I would be happy to loan it to you for a ride.
Contact us through e-mail. You should have gotten a card with some phone numbers when you signed up. I'll pm you my number for now.

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
I hear peeps on Sunday will be shuttling PA; not sure if I will be there or at a place that your not supposed to mention on here... Depends on the snow levels
We can only have a limited number of people out on any given weekend, so if you haven't talked to us personally, please don't come out. We have to keep the numbers in control, or we will lose it entirely. It's a fine line between a weekend ride session and an "event" which requires extra insurance. Use the blog ( www.olympicdirtsociety.blogspot.com ) or e-mail ( olympicdirtsociety@yahoo.com ) to contact us.
Thanks