Quantcast

Vista hates photographer

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Just a word of warning if you are a photographer and plan on upgrading to vista...don't do it for the time being. Just ganked this from Gizmodo.

A bit of bad news about Vista if you're a photographer. Apparently if you tag a photo's metadata in Vista, it destroys other important metadata used by image editing apps such as Photoshop. Microsoft's gotten reports of RAW files generated by Nikon cameras being unreadable after being tagged with Vista or Microsoft's Photo Info tool.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Just a word of warning if you are a photographer and plan on upgrading to vista...don't do it for the time being. Just ganked this from Gizmodo.
Of course no mention if the person attempted to contact MS about the issue. They do offer tech support, you know.

Perhaps it's a feature (like most other MS features) that can be turned off?

Perhaps Transcend is posting in N8-like fashion because he hates MS products.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Of course no mention if the person attempted to contact MS about the issue. They do offer tech support, you know.

Perhaps it's a feature (like most other MS features) that can be turned off?

Perhaps Transcend is posting in N8-like fashion because he hates MS products.
Perhaps you should not jump to conclusions and should go over and read the entire article at Gizmodo? It is a known issue that is causing trouble for MANY people. Destroying meta deta isn't a "feature".

Oh hey look, or you can google it, as Cnet has an article about it. http://news.com.com/2061-10805_3-6157801.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-5&subj=news

And there is an MS knoledgebase article about it. Yes, microsoft recognizes the issue. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927527/en-us

Yup, it must be because I "hate" microsoft product. Grow up dude, some of us have more important things to do than "hate" a corporation. :rolleyes: