Quantcast

Vista. How reliable?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Everything has arrived...Case is fairly impressive, aside from the hideous "Cooler Master" logo on the front (need to cover it/remove it). The 7300LE is packaged lilke it can actually be used for gaming :rofl:

The keyboard I got is fvcking tits...I think it's the part I'm most stoked on. Anyway, will be building/reporting on it tonight when I get home from work.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Everything has arrived...Case is fairly impressive, aside from the hideous "Cooler Master" logo on the front (need to cover it/remove it). The 7300LE is packaged lilke it can actually be used for gaming :rofl:

The keyboard I got is fvcking tits...I think it's the part I'm most stoked on. Anyway, will be building/reporting on it tonight when I get home from work.

Holy cow that was fast shipping. Did you pay extra for overnight or do they have some kind of deal where they upgrade your shipping for orders over a certain dollar amount?

New keyboards always make me feel all warm and fuzzy too, until I realize I like my old Microsoft natural better.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Holy cow that was fast shipping. Did you pay extra for overnight or do they have some kind of deal where they upgrade your shipping for orders over a certain dollar amount?

New keyboards always make me feel all warm and fuzzy too, until I realize I like my old Microsoft natural better.
Nah, just standard UPS ground. From SoCal to here it's 2 days. Always nice ordering stuff from California...all the bike mailorder places are down there too :D

Currently defeating XP activation...build went together smoothly (cept the Mobo OR case didn't come with mobo mounting screws - but case came with mounting points - wtf?)...Cannibalized some from the 5.25 mount points. PCI/disk drive mounting is tool free...kinda cool. I have 4 120mm fans running...with the DVD drive and the Raptor going at the same time it sounds like a 747 (even with BV's renowned quiet PSU ;))

This computer is obscenely fast. Installing Windows took about 10 mins. 10,000RPM WD Raptor+2.66ghz C2D+4gb of RAM=jizzum.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Jeez, you're bitching about spending an extra $30 on a PSU but you went and bought a Raptor? :disgust1:

Wouldn't have even suggested the Seasonic if I had known you were ruining you case's acoustics with the Raptor :p

Looks like a nice build, neaten up those cables and get some tucked away so the airflow in the case improves.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I still need to figure out how...those were as tucked as I could get them ATM.

Discovered that the retarded light up fan that came with the case (that I replaced) is just lit up by fiber leads...little work with some needle-nosed pliers and it was lighty-uppy free. I now have 4x120mm fans instead of 3. :D

The PSU is quite nice...superior build quality IMHO.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I still need to figure out how...those were as tucked as I could get them ATM.
You've got all those longass cables. Run them under the motherboard, or tuck them in along the edges of the motherboard instead of putting them directly up and over it. It'll also help take up the slack on the cables so you won't have as much in a mess at the bottom. The mess at the bottom isn't too big a deal since it's not really part of the airflow, just make sure they're crammed down against the bottom of the case instead of popped up and twisted all around.

This is what my HTPC looked like with the old PSU and heatsink:

See how the cables are run along the edges? I neatened it up even more for the final build - even with the big ribbon cable everything is tucked neatly away. Just keep the cables as pressed up against the edges of the case or motherboard as possible.