Quantcast

vivid on glory

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
yes it will fit the new models just bearly. the glory "hole" lol is 65mm wide and the spring on the vivid is 55mm wide.

what year glory do you have?

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
The Vivid will fit. Saw one already on one I think on Pinkbike somewhere. Will try to find the pic. Plus after owning a Glory in the past I know what will fit and will not. I would get a B Tuned Vivid if you plan to get one for your Glory.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
cecil what is B tuned? and do you think the vivid "b tuned" will be much better then my DHX5.0? also what spring rate would you suggest for myself, weighing in at about 177 in full gear?

gunslingger

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Vancouver, WA
yes it will fit the new models just bearly. the glory "hole" lol is 65mm wide and the spring on the vivid is 55mm wide.

what year glory do you have?
2007 glory fr, the dhx 4.0 didnt feel good on my last ride so I am going to give it one more shot after a buddy/bike mechanic tuned my suspension and see how it goes.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
cecil what is B tuned? and do you think the vivid "b tuned" will be much better then my DHX5.0? also what spring rate would you suggest for myself, weighing in at about 177 in full gear?
B Tune is the same they are running on the Sunday factory. Yes the Vivid is way better than the Fox 5.0. You would want to run a 350 to 400 lb spring.

Tunes:
• Tune A: 2.0 - 2.4 Leverage Ratio
• Tune B: 2.4 - 2.85 Leverage Ratio
• Tune C: 2.85 - 3.3 Leverage Ratio

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
thanks cecil ill get a price on a vivid when i go to the shop, if i get the vivid i might have to give your buddy at obtainium springs a call.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
the ratio on the glory is a bit higher than 2.85, 2.909 to be exact, wouldnt that necessitate a c??
I would go with the one a little lower like the B Tune. That would make the shock a little more sensitive on the Glory than the C Tune. I bet most people would not feel the difference though between all 3 Tunes on the Glory.

dh_newbie

Monkey
Jun 7, 2006
Hong Kong
I would go with the one a little lower like the B Tune. That would make the shock a little more sensitive on the Glory than the C Tune. I bet most people would not feel the difference though between all 3 Tunes on the Glory.
Hi FCFinder..I bought the Vivid 5.1 for my glory but I am not sure it come with B tune or another tuning. I can check with my LBS and see could they change the B-tune for me.

By the way, I am not sure did the 350 or 400 lbs which will be suitable for me. I weight around 72 Kg or below 160 lbs with gear?

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Hi FCFinder..I bought the Vivid 5.1 for my glory but I am not sure it come with B tune or another tuning. I can check with my LBS and see could they change the B-tune for me.

By the way, I am not sure did the 350 or 400 lbs which will be suitable for me. I weight around 72 Kg or below 160 lbs with gear?
Finely Etched here. On the end of the # you will have an A,B, or C

Would try a 350lb spring first and if it is not light enough get the 300lb. Remember you want as light as a spring you can run then set the damping to make up for what you need.

dh_newbie

Monkey
Jun 7, 2006
Hong Kong
Finely Etched here. On the end of the # you will have an A,B, or C

Would try a 350lb spring first and if it is not light enough get the 300lb. Remember you want as light as a spring you can run then set the damping to make up for what you need.
Thanks...I will try to see but I need to waiting for my recovery due to I crash at two week ago...and my Hemurus was fracture....